Does ANYONE know??

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hunter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I don't know if this has been addressed already or not..
    But does anyone here know if Peter Cullen is still schedualed to be at Botcon '07?? I just checked up on the Botcon site and noticed David Kaye is there instead. I hope he's is an Addition and NOT a replacement... Please, if anyone knows for absolute sure...

Mr. Cullen is one of the biggest reasons I'm making the trip...

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well, a friend of mine talked to him at a recent convention and i know Peter brought up Botcon a few times. something along the lines of "will you be there too?"

so yeah... i think he'll be coming, although there's been no "official" announcement yet.

3. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hmmm.. I thought there WAS an official announcement.. on the Botcon Brochure.. but it's been changed.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is neither news nor rumors.

*PUNT TO CON FORUM*

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ah..coulda been. i dont remember reading too much into the brochure myself so maybe they put it in there.

but yeah..i really doubt he'd miss this one :p 

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I hope he'll be there. Then I can say I've seen him 4 shows in a row!

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    he was at last years show but I never hear that he was going to be at this years botcon show

8. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be sweet! Maybe when asked earlier, Cullen was hoping to, but it was a matter of his agent & BotCon PTB agreeing to things. I look forward to hearing David Keyes - I like his recent Megs, and maybe he'll give a glimpse of his Prime for the fall cartoon.

Having been to Dragon*Con in Atlanta 4 times, and being on fan-panels for AM SF TV 2x (this yr is 3rd), I hear that this situation isn't uncommon. in 2005, had a big to-do about Josh Whedon coming to D*C, D*C said yes, Josh said no, Universal (Serinity/Firefly) said yea.... in the end, Josh was best man @ a friend's wedding, so someone didn't talk to someone else.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I made sure to see his panel at the last Hartman's Botcon (04, I think?) - I missed it at Rochester in '97 and always regretted it. I even passed up free beer to see that panel!

It was really entertaining. It's just amazing what he can do with his voice. Sadly, I couldn't get away from the dealer table last year to see him again....

I don't see him listed as a guest for the show... On the other hand, Kaye is the only VA I see listed and that seems like a pretty short list of VAs. So maybe there are some surprise guests - Maybe Cullen is among them - Tho' I really think he'd be THE headline guest. Still, they can probably afford to wait and surprise people this year since all the big packages are already sold out. Attendance shouldn't be an issue!

Hopefully he's not the ONLY reason you are going... There will be plenty of great stuff there even if he's not!

10. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I hope he's there as well, it'd be great to get a picture with him this time, not to mention having a panel with him in it, like others have said, surely David Kaye isnt the only VA.

11. Hunter

Hunter New Member

He's not the ONLY reason... but he IS the main one.
    I actually called the Botcon info line...And it seems THEY don't even know. Looks like his appearance status is STILL in limbo. :( 
    At least there will be few others there that I'd like to meet... like Mr. Simon Furman, and maybe a few others. Not to mention seeing the MOVIE in theater packed with Transfans! Heh..So yeah.. I still plan on THOROUGHLY enjoying myself... along with my daughter. :D 

BTW.. VAwitch.. you're NOT the oldest TF Fangirl.. I got you beat by about 4 years :wink: . But I won't tell if you won't :redface2: 

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Later!

Hunter

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, that was '04. Awesome it was too; I have it on video somewhere :) 
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at Botcon.