Does anyone know the name of, and does it still happen....

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by meggatron, Jul 9, 2007.

1. meggatron

meggatron Banned

There used to be a con they had in Chicago area, at i believe the Rosemont or whatever that convention center is called that is in the city with the big water tower with a rose on it.
    It was a Transformers con, it kicked ass, i never knew about it but I played Warhammer 40k and it was the same weekend so i checked it out.

Anyone know the name or if it still happens?

2. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

There was a Botcon at Rosemont in Chicago in 1996, 2003, 2004(maybe 1 more).
    1996 happened at the same time as the Chicago Comic Com, now called Wizard World. I don't think any other conventions were going on at the other two, at the same time.

I think another convention called Transcon took place their in 1997??

I doubt they'll be another Botcon in Chicago, but maybe a smaller run event.

3. meggatron

meggatron Banned

It was 2004 I remember it now, Yeah and it was called Games Day which was the gamesworkshop event. I see, so THAT was botcon, and of course when i get to liking collecting TF figs, they no longer have it here.

4. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In 2004 the official Transformers Convention was called OTFCC and in Chicago, that's what you're thinking about. It's called BotCon again and travels throughout the US.