Fan Art: Does Anyone Know How To....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by M. J. Fernandez, Sep 23, 2008.

1. M. J. Fernandez

M. J. Fernandez Member

Hello There!

I'm Michael J. Fernandez,An Artist For "TransFormers:Subsink Days",I'm Doing Concept Designs Now And Around This Time Of Year,Does Anyone Know What Progarm(s) They Used Or Can Use For A Animated Movie?Thank You For Reading This,Got Any Questions Please Post Or PM Me,Thank You Again.

From,
    Michael J. Fernadez

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It depends on what you want to do. I mean, you could do it in flash and make it look like traditional animation, or you could go the CG route, or any of a dozen other methods. You should describe the project more. What kind of style are you going for? What kind of resources or experience do you have to work with?

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What's With All The Caps?

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've always wondered about that - unless there's a simple way I don't know to make initial caps happen automatically, surely it requires more effort?

Anyway, as Aernaroth says, it depends on what sort of style you're after (traditional cartoon or 3D animation), and what sort of budget and skill level you have. Adobe Flash certainly seems to be the program of choice

If it's 3D you're after, I Googled up this page which may help you decide on a package. Based on what it says, and limited personal experience, I can certainly recommend at least trying Blender, since it's freeware anyway, and even if it doesn't so what you're after (and I see little reason why it wouldn't, particularly given that page's glowing recommendation), you're no more broke.

The site also has a page dedicated to other freeware and shareware animation packages with short reviews - might be worth checking out to see if there's anything of use.

5. M. J. Fernandez

M. J. Fernandez Member

It going to be traditional cartoon,so I sould use Adobe Flash,never used that before,thanks guys for the info!

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Of course, Flash will set you back a fair chunk of cash if you don't have it already, and I'm having trouble finding Flash-type programs that you get for free or cheap.

You may be better off with a program that can compile traditional images into an animated AVI file or similar. I just downloaded MonkeyJam (which is free, so worth a shot if nothing else) to have a play with, but a Googling for something like "free animation software" should turn up more.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  7. M. J. Fernandez

M. J. Fernandez Member

Thanks!

8. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    That's usually a message board's way of making it less annoying when someone writes in all caps, so I assume that's what happened in this instance.

As far as the animation goes, I usually do traditional stuff (more or less =P) by drawing and then scanning into the computer, coloring with photoshop, and then putting the pictures in order in Windows Movie Maker, which is a really fun and easy program to use.

I always do layered pictures, so that I don't have to redraw the ENTIRE picture with just a small bit changed, but only once in a while do I use actual animation cels (and paint them, which is usually more time consuming, but fun =D).

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    We have an art forum :wink: 

10. M. J. Fernandez

M. J. Fernandez Member

I'm Thinking About That,But They Will Be Movieish Designs,Which Painting Them Would Take A Long Time,And I Now Going To Make It A CGI Movie,Thanks Again.