Does anyone know going rate for Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hybrid Prime, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Hi,
    I have a whole first basic wave of Classics mosc and misb(no exclusives)I was thinking about ebaying them but not really sure what the going rate is.I can't afford to complete the set with the Games of Deception box set.So I really don't want them if I can't finish it.Any help would be appreciated.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why do you need those to complete the set? you cant enjoy them on their own? if you want to be a completest i understand, but i have classics and choose not to go for exclusives right now so its no big deal.

but if youre hitting the bay, watch a few auctions and see what happens and kind of judge from there. maybe look at some online stores and see what they are asking and do some buy it nows for a few bucks cheaper. you can also see about selling them in the junkion, saves the hassle and fees of ebay.

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just go advance settings and type in classics transformers, check mark "completed auctions"

4. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I've done that.It is just really hard to judge with the Japanese ones as well.One day you see one sell for $20.00 or so and then you see buy it now for $15.00 that don't go at all.I might do the whole Junkion exchange thing after I get a list up and get a little more known around here.

I'm a member of a few non TF boards and noobs got to gain some stats before buy/sell/and trade can happen so I'm sure it is not too differant around here.Thanks for the advice guys.See ya around.

5. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Averages I've seen for deluxes:

Hot rod, mirage, ramjet, astrotrain ~$10-$15
    Grimlock, CJ, ~ $12-17
    SS, BB ~ $15-20, sometimes as high as $25.

Voyagers ~ $25-35

If you are selling on ebay, expect to fall somewhere in the middle. If you are selling on junkion, don't expect to get the high end, as people here are pretty savvy. Hope this helps.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know this may not affect the OP's personal feelings on the matter, but you don't need the Game of Deception package to complete a Classics set. They may be Classics molds and *loosely* connected by the comic (to a whole alternate universe, but anyhow...), but the GoD box set is part of the Timelines series, not Classics series.