does anyone kinda wish grimlock...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by supernova222, Jul 2, 2017.

1. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    was done the way the character was originally conceived. it was revealed awhile back that the creators originally had another dinobot, an orange/red stegosaurus, was meant to be the teams fifth member. but because AOE was coming out and grimlock was in that, hasbro stepped in to have the character changed. from the concept art, which ill post below this, its clear they shared a lot of design cues and their personalities would have been the same. as much as i love RID version of grimlock, i wish we would have had this new character to get to know. i mean, one difference to the series based on the old design may have been the issue of him sticking out to much to go on missions, but in his original version, he was on all fours and lower to the ground and may have been easier to hide, so he might have been more active in battles and episodes. obviously since he was a stegosaur, you prob would get handful of people thinking he's snarl lol. plus i have to say i love the look of having his tail in bot mode. for some reason, just looking at the concept art, the character just feels so, different, even though he still would have likely had the same personality grim has. i just think it would have been cool to see the original plan/look for the character in the series. anyone else agree of have thoughts on this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    If he Did, then he would'nt be the Breadwinner of the Yoshi jokes.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'm always up for new Dinobots and I might've even preferred this. While I'm fine with the character being Grimlock, it is a little weird seeing him be a nobody, rather than the leader of a team.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would prefer this character. I feel it would fit better with the idea of Dinobots being a whole sub-species than a team in this show, since this would be a new character. As opposed to Grimlock, who everyone knows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still happier with green Grim.

6. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I like the character design of the red and black dinobot (except the tail still being attached in robot mode, not feeling that), and I'm a big fan of stegosaurus. Whether I'd like him in the show would depend on his personality. I don't like RID Grimlock, his "hurr-a-durr I'm so clumsy and jovial!" schtick does nothing for me. He has so much potential (a Decepticon! who was in jail! now he works with his former enemies!) and they do NOTHING with it. He has no depth.

Were they planning on using someone other than Sideswipe at that point? What with them both being red?

7. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    Originally, Sideswipe was going to be "Fastlane". His design was really reminiscent of a Prime Vehicon. I think there's a link on the TF wiki.

I don't mind Grimlock being a bit of a doofus. He was a complete moron in G1, especially after the Movie. Just pretend he's got the same name as the OTHER Grimlock. Kind of like how Bob Dylan and Bob Dole have the same first name. :p 

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have preferred to have grimlock in his g1 character colors