Does anyone here still have the packaging for the old Fun-4-All Minibot keychains?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Did the original keychain versions of Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn and Windcharger have trademark claims after their names on the packaging? As in Bumblebee™ or Bumblebee®. Same for the term "Autobot". If yes, which ones were ™ and which ones were ®?

This question is mainly aimed at the original releases of the keychains, but anyone who has the "Heroes of Cybertron" re-releases by Basic Fun could also help.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'll go upstairs and look now. I have the Fun-4-All ones...

EDIT: Autobot™
    Bumblebee™
    Wincharger™
    Cliffjumper™
    Brawn™

3. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Now this is odd. "Autobot" has been registered by Hasbro since 1985. And some of the other names were actually NOT trademarked by Hasbro at the time the keychains came out. So either they fit a different category than "toys", or Fun-4-All simply didn't give a flying crap. Weird.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd guess 'keychain' isnt 'toy' or Fun-4-All doesn't care...

If this helps, I found it on the backs of the cards...
    Bumblebee- The TRANSFORMERS, BUMBLEBEE, AUTOBOT, OPTIMUS PRIME, and PROWL are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc (C) 2001 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights reserved. Produced under license by Fun-4-All Corp. New York, NY 10010 www.fun-4-all.com

Cliffjumper- The TRANSFORMERS, AUTOBOT, DECEPTICON, and CLIFFJUMPER are trademarks of Hasbro... Legal stuff

Brawn- Hasbro, It's logo and TRANSFORMERS, and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. (C) 2002 Hasbro, All rights reserved. Produced under license by Fun-4-All Corp New York, NY 10010 www.fun-4-all.com MADE IN CHINA

Windcharger- Hasbro, It's logo and TRANSFORMERS, and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. (C) 2002 Hasbro, All rights reserved. Produced under license by Fun-4-All Corp New York, NY 10010 www.fun-4-all.com MADE IN CHINA

5. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Hmm, Prime and Prowl are mentioned in Bumblebee's bio. Still... Very odd. Seems like a case of "Fun-4-All had no fucking clue about how trademarks work" to me.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember being curious on the "are these really trademarked?" issue for the keychains back when. One thing that caught my eye in the techs for Brawn and Windcharger (and maybe others) is "Autobots" gets replaced with "AUTOBOT{TM} vehicles"

(the only complete packaging I've got is a Bumblebee I had signed by Dan Gilvezan at Botcon, though I do have clipped techs for Brawn and Windcharger keychains as well)