Does anyone here not read the TF books?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Or am I pretty much the only one collecting comics that doesn't? I gave up right before All hail megatron and haven't looked back. I'm even a huge Prowl fan and skipped the Spotlight. It seems like IDW was putting out tons of books with no substance. Now this might have changed but after the first 3 minis or 18 issues from IDW where nothing happened that couldn't have been maybe 6 issues maximum, I couldn't see any progress.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Considering that of all the Botcon panels this year, the IDW one was by far the least crowded, I doubt you're alone.

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I stuck trough All Hail Megatron, and even tried the new Ongoing... but I might be out for good now.

It seems that they don't really have a vision of where they are going and when they realize they are hitting a dead end everything just gets swept under the rug and unofficially rebooted (or at least crammed as best as possible into "continuity").

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I gave up after the first arc of the ongoing. I'm wishing I had given up about a year before that. So no, I don't read TF comics anymore.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm probably dropping them. I haven't picked up the recent Spike issue, but I've enjoyed the series so far. Even Don's new designs have grown on me. My only real problem is the $4 price tag.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dropped them to "wait for trade" after Escalation because of the $4 cover price. The rushed ending to the "-ations" arcs was disappointing but I still planned to pick up AHM when it hit the trades. Then, the bad news about AHM started to pile up (soft reboot, retcons, bad writing, Drift-chan, etc) and I just couldn't justify even getting the trades. I was initially excited about the ongoing and planned to pick up the trades (not paying $4/issue), since I was impressed with Don's new designs, but then the overwhelming majority of reviews have indicated that the writing is atrocious. And the new designs I like have apparently been ditched, so there's not even the appeal of the art to draw me in. I'm at a point where I can't see buying a G1-based TF comic series again as long as IDW has the license.

I have liked IDW's handling of the Movie-based comics, although I'm a few trades behind on those and need to catch up.

7. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the DW comics, even with their flaws, because of the familiar G1 cartoonish continuity and neat stuff like War Within. It took a while to warm up to IDW but I enjoyed the -ations a bit, but the rushed ending was a bummer. Passed on AHM. Considering looking into the ongoing/Ironhide/BB but after so many years and continuity weirdness, I'm hesitant to jump in. Last Stand was totally great though.

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Not anymore. Quit after AHM.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nothing since LSOTW, but I hear good things about the Ironhide series.

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gave up after AHM #6, then got Maximum Dinobots TPB to tie up some loose ends. I haven't brought a comic since, and in all honesty I don't regret it one bit. I might pick up the LSOTW TPB but I'm otherwise done with IDW.

11. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jourdo's post pretty much sums it up for me. Gave the ongoing a try but I just can't see what direction they want to go in or how long it would last until the next reboot. And even if they removed Costa I don't think I want to go back. Shame really, this was the first TF comic i've dropped since the last couple of years of the UK run.

12. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yea, you guys think the IDW comics are bad, try the UK ones for size lol!

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *shudders*

I recently gave up on that after sticking with it for three long years. I suppose I continued for the last year just to keep up a complete collection, but I realise since that I just didn't care about it anymore.

Damn disc launchers...

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I may as well.. I still collect them, but haven't actually read any in months.. I just never had time..

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Stopped a couple issues after AHM started. The first issue wasn't bad, but it got progressively weirder and confusing. Due to the very positive reception, I'm interested in picking up the Last Stand trade and I might look at the Ironhide mini, but I've never touched the second half of AHM, Coda, the ongoing or the later Spotlights.