Does anyone have any trouble transforming generations bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronPrime92, Sep 9, 2010.

1. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

i ALWAYS mess up somehow transforming him
    the car sides arent as connected as they should be
    i managed to transform it perfectly when i first got it
    but the more i do it and attempt it, always fail
    sometimes id get very close, but nope

does anyone else have the same problem?

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Mine doesn't want to stay pegged in alt mode either.I get one spot all pegged in and another spot will pop loose.I hear of this a lot with him.

3. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the exact same problem, mate. Bumblebee is a bit unstable in alt mode.

4. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Make sure when you fold up his arms his forearms stay pegged into the shoulder pieces. They like to come disconnected during transformation. Also it's easier to peg them into his shoulders before swinging the arms backwards. The vehicle mode pieces on his arms stay in place if his arms are pegged into the shoulders right. That was the main issue I was having at first. Hope this helps.

5. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Yes, I have this problem. I only transformed him to alt mode once, but it took forever to get everything pegged correctly. I eventually did notice though that his arms need to be in the exact right position for everything to peg. There are some seemingly insignificant swivel joints near his shoulders I believe that need to be pointed inward (again, I believe, it was over a month ago). After I figured that out everything fit fine.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This he is incredibly fiddly in transformation , so much so he will not be transformed much same for WFC Prime who i find easier to transform than BB.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, funny enough I found WFC Optimus was in many ways more complex, but at the same time a much easier transformation.

The kibble collapses in a similar fashion to ROTF Skids and Mudflap, which were also fiddly and awkward. But parts of WFC BB just don't peg together as well as they should. It's really too bad, because it's a superb altmode. I don't like it having gaps.

8. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

get everything pegged in and limbs in the right position with a loose fitted alt mode then squeeze him together.

that's the easiest way to do to. if you go around pegging and tabbing in one side before the other you often end up with a non symmetrical alt mode.

dunno if i explained that well enough....basically just get things in position without locking them in and then squeeze him together all at once.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Read this guys response. I had the same problem, til I figured this out now it works smooth as silk.

10. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Couldnt figure it out so left them in bot mode.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i woulda never transformed him properly, so i am happy with Megs and (one day) Soundwave.
    thanks for the heads up on Fidddle-dee-Bee.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I already figured that bit out. It's still an awkward transformation, and the altmode doesn't fit together as tight as I'd like it too.

It was also a bit rough in that some plugs were a bit too big for the slot they went into. I trimmed them and it works a little better. Some joints have to be forced, others are far too loose. Smooth doesn't really come into it.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    eh? I thought he was very satisifying to transform... I did it a few times, things lock in place

14. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

What I've also found, beyond keeping the forearms and shoulders pegged together, is that if the arms aren't staying in place, try angling them slightly in or out by the shoulder joints until they fit.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Mine didn't have any of those problems.

16. noodles2go

noodles2go Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I will admit, Bumblebee has some crazy transforming issues. I don't know how they'd expect a child to be able to do it without breaking him... or maybe all it needs is the touch of a tiny soft hand?

Anyway, I found that if you do peg everything in correctly, get it all lined up and symmetrical, you can have a nearly gapless alt mode. The first time I transformed him I was frustrated seeing a big gap on his windshield and top, but I eventually figured it out. It takes a lot of time and isn't really that fun... But both modes are pretty sweet in my opinion.