Does anyone have an amc theater or were switched to one recently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I work at an amc theater in mt. vernon, il. We were Kerasotes before about 13 or 14 months ago. Alot of the customers we have say they wish we were still kerasotes because the prices are HIGH. Then theres the aMC stubs card. If you have an AMC theater, are you glad that you do? I'm just curious because, I feel like everyone hates AMC.

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    They're overpriced. We had kerasotes in MN. We quit going becuz they want to charge 10$ for a small soda and small popcorn. Plus charge more in tickets becuz its a friday or Saturday night. Now we go to a theater that charge 6.00 tickets. 10$ for 2 large soda and large popcorn. So Amc can kiss my ass. No offense to you.

3. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    The thing is we have one theatre in our town, so if people want to see a movie, the have to spend alot of money. There are some families that come in that spend $100 for tickets and concessions

4. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

^^^^THIS! We only go to AMC when we are given free passes from my wife's work sometimes..and when that happens, we sneak food in and share one medium soda...FU AMC! Harkins is WAAAAYYYY better

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We got two chains in my area. Showplace Cinemas is the biggie with several locations. East side, North, Newburgh, Henderson Ky are the big release ones and South is a discount one that shows stuff that has been out for a few months. Kerasotes is the West Side theater.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yes. I live in Evansville, IN. We had a Kerasotes here until AMC bought them out a year or so ago, I guess same time frame you're talking about. I will never forgive them for killing my beloved Five Buck Club that Kerasotes had. Luckily Evansville is big enough to have several theaters, we only had the one Kerasotes.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    nope i live in a small town and the nearest instate AMC theaters are in the twin cities greater metro area.

8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Always go to AMC here, and always go during the week, or before noon on the weekends when it's only $5.

That's about the cheapest ticket around, and the places that are cheaper for prime time (fri/sat/sun nights) are pretty crappy theaters.

As for the stubs card, I think it's terrible. The moviewatcher card was great, and I got free movies and concessions all the time. Now I'll get $10 back once in awhile and I'll never be buying concessions again....ever. Oh, and after this first year, I think it's going to cost money to get the stub card too.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't mind a more high-end pricepoint. Cuts down on the riffraff.

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    True. I usually go to a "Cinemark" or "Tinseltown". Mostly Cinemark since it has the IMAX theater.

11. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in Castle Rock, CO. The theater in town used to be a Kerasotes and the Five Buck Club was great! Now at least they have $5 tickets on weekdays before 6 and weekends and holidays before noon so that pretty much makes up for it. I can still drive 15-30 minutes for a bunch of other theaters in the Denver metro area so I have plenty of options. I don't care about concessions prices since I never get them at any theater (too overpriced pretty much anywhere you go).

12. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Same here. Central Illinois (Mattoon, so just a jaunt north from Mt. V.). Showplace was bought by AMC. Prices skyrocketed, and while yes, they DID install a real3D screen, they leave other ones to fall apart. One screen has been without a projector bulb for 3 months. They just keep running it without and taking complaints instead of fixing it... (doesn't affect the movie, just the previews, but still. I LIKE seeing previews!)

Stub card is ok, IF you go a lot already... The Showplace $5 Buck Club actually BROUGHT US IN to see movies that we normally wouldn't for full price.

13. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

We have AMC and other smaller chains. I go to AMC. I pay a little extra for IMAX. You get what you pay for. Snack prices never affect me as my wife takes a purse and we fill it with goodies.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i go to amc and tinsel town. i don't mind the price.