does anyone get kind-of sad looking back at the first film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I'm sad looking back at the first film because it was so good, and the future for Transformers movies seemed a lot brighter than what followed.

2. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I'm not sad, I'm glad we can enjoy the movies we got. I saw TF1 10x in the theatre (including 1 IMAX w/added footage), and brought 10 friends with me, I just wanted it to be successful so badly, I've boycotted POTC2, and Spidey3 (waited a long time, before I bought them on sale), and pretty much all other movies in 07. Bought every character toy at least once, got the comics, books. Even got several questions answered from Roberto Orci on the official forum.
    I've always loved transformers, and when I was younger I've always dreamed of becoming a director, and Transformers, were among some of the films I would have liked to direct (today, directing is my hobby, not a proffesion).
    Saw ROTF 3x on IMAX, and DOTM 4x in 3D. Can't wait to get DOTM soon.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Honestly, I look at that as a good thing. I've heard a few other fans say similar things, and I believe that opinion's only going to grow as time passes. Maybe your tastes in movies are evolving.
    I mean, how many people (the ones who really like the Bayformers movies) say things like 'I just like switch off my brain and watch the pictures.' Well that's all fine and dandy, and I'm sure that's Micheal Bays target audience.
    However Transformers fall into the category as comic book movies. And a lot of them are much better written, and have far better directors than Bay.
    The Dark Knight, and Iron Man, X-Men First Class, and Captain America, just to name a few.
    I think people are going to realize that they wanted something more than a mindless pop corn flick, and that's what we got.
    I'll say this, DOTM came really close to being on par with other good comicbook movies.
    But anyway, I think you get my point.

4. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i loved the 1st and the 3rd but the 2nd was lame! I hope we get a 4th one in or another trilogy! Please bay,spilberg,lim we need a next trilligy

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I get more nostalgic remembering the anticipation, excitement and overall build-up leading to the first movie than actually seeing the first movie itself.

Truth is, I didn't like or hate the first movie when I first saw it. I walked out of the theater completely undecided... which ultimately meant that things must not have gone well. It wasn't until forced repeated viewings that I learned to accept this new Bayformer-alien-insectoid-paper-thin-plot take on the franchise and ultimately try to appreciate what we were given. I never hated the movie, but I certainly never loved it the way I fully hoped & expected to. Then ROTF came around, and just as what happened with the first movie, I totally got caught up in the hype & anticipation of what it would deliver. Obviously we all know how that went once it actually got released. And because of ROTF, I didn't get half the anticipatory excitement for DOTM since I knew I would ultimately be misled in any expectations I had. But out of the 3 films, that one did end up being my favorite despite all its flaws.

But overall, yeah, I feel letdown by what the movie-verse side of the franchise delivered. It definitely had its positives and I will never downplay them, but unfortunately the negatives far outweigh them in my personal opinion. I want the excitement I had before the first movie again, but next time I want it to deliver full tilt. Sadly, I don't see that happening unless/until a reboot comes around.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Man, 2007 to now has been quite an amazing, explosion-saturated, toy-filled ride. Such a great time to be a part of this franchise. I look back, and there are some really fond memories...

I was so stoked for DOTM. I think the last time I was so hyped for a film was Revenge of the Sith, and DOTM didn't disappoint. Toyline bombed, but them movie was awesome. I wonder what will happen in the future of this brand ... it'll be interesting to see.

7. Soundkaiser

Soundkaiser 3D Animator And Windblade's Conjunx Endura

News Credits:
    I remember pondering on the idea of a movie wheeljack that we didn't get with the first movie or the second. i also remember first seeing the einstain head in chicago (ironicly his death scene), and the happy feeling of the character being name Que

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love a smart Transformers movies.

The Action can be high octane action but the story to me is what keeps the action from being redundant.

I mean Terminator 2: Judgement Day which is one of the best movies and sequels ever. The action and cgi is fantastic but the best part was the movie had plot, charecters that developed and ends on a powerful high note.

All I want is a Transformers movie that overall as a trilogy is a strong overall story arc and not a jumbled mess of a continuity.