Does anyone feel depressed that the Decepticons keep getting their butts kicked

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Flashdisk, May 3, 2009.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, compared to the autobots they've done what has to be done. Lugnut's actions and leadership just shows that they know how to cooperate with each other. I think Lugnut for one is loyal to a fault.They've probably worked hard to become the warriors they are. Yet each time, we seem to see the autobots beating them. I know the autobots are supposed to be the heroes and all. But do they really deserve it? They lack coordination, cooperation and experience in battle. Yet the Decepticons keep on losing.

Not trying to take anything away from the autobots. But in some ways I think the Decepticons deserved to win a lot of the time. Especially due to the fact that the autobots seem so unprepared for battle.

Also I'd like to hear more about the Decepticon's side of the story. I mean, why is there a division between the Decepticons and the Autobots? What caused this conflict? Are the Decepticons really pure evil as they're being portrayed by the Autobots or is there something more to them.

I think both factions have to be fleshed out a bit more.

2. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Luck. (canonically)

And yes, I would love a faction origin story. What caused the military to turn against the civilians/labor force? Or vice versa?

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well if they stick with TF cannon the divison was caused by Megatron's desire to rule all of Cybertron and then the Universe and no i dun feel depressed for the decepticons continuing to keep there reputations as fail bots in tact

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really. It sucks what happens to them, but they're always defeated in a realistic way within the show's parameters.

5. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

They keep on underestimating the Autobots. Sure, they are stronger individually but look what happened in Decepticon Air; Blitzwing assumed that Optimus would be dumb enough to actually blurt out his plans where they could hear and didn't check what had actually been tampered with. That's really about it.

6. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish the bad guys would win ONCE. In ANY show.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Then watch Beast Wars, Beast Machines, or Armada. Those had several occasions where the Autobots/ Maximals lost big time.

9. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Beast Machines basically started off with the Maximals losing the entire last series.

10. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

The Animated Decepticons rely to much on brute force and not enough on tactics - its always 'smash this', 'destroy that'. Only Megatron has the patience and creativity to let a carefully crafted plan come to fruition. I really love Animated Megatron - a part of me even feels that he's better than G1 Megs (though the 80's nostalgia driven kid in me rebels against this idea fiercely).

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I had hoped the Animated Comic could've continued, as I would've liked to have seen a real prequel to Animated detailing why the Decepticon cause rose up. While conquest and other notions have fueled Megatrons in the past, Animated Megs in the various assorted media and via certain dialogue in episodes makes me think his story is far different. Instead it seemed like the military machines were second class citizens at best, to which the Decepticon started a war so that they'd no longer be the rabble underfoot in society with no say in it, used and abused by those in power.

It could've been a fascinating journey in seeing Megatron rising up, originally to get his "Decepticons" equal say in government, only to have circumstances change over the course of time until he will settle for no less then Decepticon rule on Cybertron, as a slow and subtle change. Like Megatron: Origins didn't give us.

While BM was clearly a case of the Maximals winning the battle but lost the war, it's also a bit of a copout as an example, as we never saw Megatrons conquest, nor was it an ultimate victory of the Predacons, it wasn't a team, it was an individual who won, and won via mass production and fascism. Not the same as a series where the Decepticons did win; such as if we got a miniseries that went from the end of G1 S3 to the movie, introducing Magnus, Hot Rod, etc, but also including the Autobot loss of Cybertron as well.

Though I may be a Decepticon fan, I know the rules, the Autobots have to win, but it would be neat to have a series that was going to "pheonix" like Armada into Energon, or BW to BM, to have the first series end with Megatron killing Prime and conquering the planet. The second series would be Primeless and feature the Autobots as the underdogs in a real and planned out way. That way both parties could be happy, the Decepticons get a "total victory" and the Autobots would eventually rally and make a comeback, perhaps because a Decepticon Civil War erupts in the second series eroding away at the Decepticon control of the situation.

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I wanna see how The Decepticons came to be in the Animated continunity as well as what Autoots fought alongside Ratchet and Ultra :wink: 

13. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:

Neva! That is like someone being shot in Gijoe

14. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

"Depressed" may not be the right word.

But I do feel kind of bad that the Decepticons pretty much lost all the fights with Autobots in this series. So far in only exception seem to be Team Charr's victory against Rodimus's team in taking over a space bridge.

I have no desire to see heroes fail or evil triumph. It just too unrealistic that Autobots being less powerful in combat situation always win in combats against Decepticons, who are designed for wars. I would love seeing how the Autobots build experience and learn from the fights against Decepticons to be stronger.

Personally, I like seeing the ones with less raw powers (Autobots in this case)
    being able to defeat, achieving victory against the enemies that are more powerful than they are(Decepticons in this case.) But only if the victory is achieved realistically, not for good guys to win because they are good. Usually for the less powerful to win they'd have to superior experience or great training. Autobots' advantage in superior numbers made me feel like they cheat for victory sometimes, and Optimus's team did not have much of actually combat experience in the beginning.

But then again, not just in Transformers or other cartoons. In any tv series, things are always convenient for the good guys that they always get lucky when all odds are against him, they might even get the chance to time-travel to the past to correct mistakes and win any losing situations.

In TFA, it does seem victory against Deceoticons is not that difficult(at least for Optimus's team) as they almost always have the superior numbers, and advantage in team work, not to mention Decepticons often lose due to a major trait shared by any bad guys, arrogance. Which is what led to Optimus's plan to work in "Decepticon Air" Blitzwing actually believed Optimus was stupid and got outsmarted, and lost despite they were the ones with more in numbers.

Once again, it bothers me that Autobat's victories against Decepticons are just too convenient. It's be better if they give room for Autobots to learn in defeat then achieve Victory, instead of winning by default.

P.S:
    One good thing is the latest Deceoticons' loss is Optimus showing the quality of being a great leader. Maybe he'll become the legendary Autobot leader soon.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    for the decepticons all too often the tend to be a collection of powerful but unintelligent, itelligent but require a leader to direct them, powerhungry plotters (Starscream) to out right mental cases (TF:A Blitzwing) Megatron, over and over again is faced with the old adage good help is so hard to find

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

No. I don't feel sorry for The Decepticons losing all the time. In this version Megatron believes he is a Freedom Fighter.

But what freedom fighter goes around shooting lesser beings just to remain free?

17. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean like, the bad guys winning the SHOW.

I wish the story finished with the bad guys victorious in some show.

18. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Generally speaking that's not a very satisfying story a lot of the time. Even in Transformers.

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

odd watching animated, the only Autobots beating the Decepticons endlessly has been Optimus' group. none of the other Autobots have any decent success rate. in Decepticon air if Optimus didnt get there i really dont think Sentinel and his guys would have stood any chance at all.

Optimus' crew seems to work well as a team and its probably the second reason why the Decepticons are not very good against them, the first is luck.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    For the record, I've never regarded Decepticons in any series as being evil for the sake of being evil, although I won't deny that many vicious, sociopathic bots are among their ranks (to be fair, which army does not have such members?). If there is any truth to Pravus Prime's above observation, I can readily draw parallels between the pre-war Cybertronian attitude towards the military, and a situation in ancient China that prevailed well into the twentieth century.

In old China, soldiering was a profession largely looked down upon by the large numbers of educated and prosperous civilians, along with non-military government officials. They regarded it as little more than a dog's job, reserved for individuals seen as uncouth or barely literate, and troops often fought with little promise of reward or recognition as anything but expendable by their civilian rulers. Hence, tensions often existed between the civilian and military leadership, sometimes culminating in coups and civil war.

Were this the case on Cybertron, it isn't hard to envision a war-weary Megatron, sick and tired of being the dogsbody of a society he saw as unappreciative, uncaring and possibly corrupt, banding together a cadre of fellow warriors (and perhaps some supportive civilians) to stage a revolt. It may also explain why Prowl was initially so reluctant to embrace a warrior's life, being one from the caste of Cybertronians who scoffed at the military. Combat-oriented Autobots like Warpath and Yoketron may have been military personnel who did not agree with the ideas of their Decepticon brethren (I believe that prior to Megatron's rebellion, the two warring factions did not exist).

Back on topic, however, I cannot say that the Animated Decepticons have been trounced each and every time they fought the Autobots. Episodes like 'Lost and Found', 'Megatron Rising', 'Sari, No One's Home' and 'Transwarped' show that they have won their share of battles. Also, evidence exists in both the comics and cartoon of battles in which Autobot forces suffered heavily. Certainly, they seem to be the most successful bunch of Decepticons to ever appear in animated media.