Does anyone else wish we could get alternate hands on TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Sledge, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You know how Revoltech figures come with different optional hands? Pointing, closed fists, open fists for weapons, open hand, arse-scratching hand, etc. Wouldn't it be cool to have those on TFs? When you look at how hands are attached to figures like Universe Prowl and Sunstreaker, it would be pretty easy to do.

Just throwing that thought out there in case someone from HasTak or a third party company is watching.

2. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I guess...

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'd love it.

but then I'm worried they'd start making the hands need to come off for transformation again. or kids complaining they lost the hands. or lost the only hands that fit on the robot during transformation.

and then we'd probably lose the seperate guns, and they'd be molded to the hand for a better "holding gun" look, and we'd lose interchangable weapons. and then we wouldnt have the ease of "pull gun out from holding spot in vehicle mode, place in hand" that we have for the past 25 years.

4. Spoon

Spoon Banned

From Hasbro/Takara?

Unlikely, as it's a choking hazard.

Still be pretty cool.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    could be useful for our comic makers , i can just see prime flipping off megs :lol 

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting thought. But Valkysas makes a good point.

On the other hand (no pun intended) I love music label soundwave for that reason.

Frenzy_Rumble loves to switch out hands for articulated ones. That dude is the Da Vinci of Transformers...

7. newguy

newguy i

How about fully posable hands?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    on most scales, the fingers would break too easily.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm not sure a removable Deluxe-sized hand is any more of a choking hazard than Uni Prowl's gun. As for them having to come off for transformation, there'd be no need to. If you look at transforming robots that have such option parts (ok, buying SoC Daimos may also have influenced this a bit), it's often just a case of putting the closed fists in place for transformation.

And wouldn't it be nice not to have that weird, fist-with-a-hole when your TF is using his gun in his other hand? One of the things I've come to like on Uni Cyclonus is his left fist is closed, so it doesn't look odd. Blatant discrimination against southpaws, but it looks good.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that wouldn't fly with deluxe or scout figures.

11. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    No need for 3rd parties. They have them here.
    There's even guns to fit in the hands.

hand unit PVC Figure Store

B versions are for voyager and alternator sizes (gundam 1/100 scale)
    A versions are for deluxes (gundam 1/144 scale)

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering I throw all the extra hands in a drawer and never touch them again I would hate having to pay for them

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love it. Takara could do it as well as fan companies, considering we got all the extra hands on THS Prime and Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime. I wish MP Grimlock had an extra left hand that could hold his weapons. It'd also be nice with Classics, or the Movie line (give Bonecrusher and The Fallen articulated fingers/hands, take Movie 1 Voyager Starscream's launchers off and replace them with hands).

I don't care how it'd be done, it would be a nice addition to some really nice figures.

14. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Please dear lord no.

That's why I steered far clear of getting any more G1 stuff.

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    No thnaks, it works for revoltech and gundam figures etc because they're meant to be poised and displayed. Transformers are toys, for kids and they're meant to be played with, losing parts is no fun but on top of that any extra parts no matter how small will mean less budget to around for each figure.

16. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

While it definitely would make for some more dynamic posing, I don't think it would be such a great idea with toys aimed at kids. As previously said, they would most likely get lost. God knows how many figures I had as a kid that were missing one or both hands... I'm absolutely terrified of losing the alternate hands for my Microman Batman and Superman.

As a former Gundam modeller, and a very serious one at that, I would definitely appreciate the added display value of multiple hands. However, I think that perhaps making partially articulated hands, such as those on the Wing 1/100 kits or the Alts/BTs would work just as well. Just one simple joint where the finger joins the palm and you have a whole world of new possibilities for posing.

17. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    maybe alternate heads.. would be nice for expression.. but yeah if my dog or kid ever grabbed it they'd choke.. not so fun.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Not officially. I dislike having piles of alternate hands on Japanese toys. I would, however, like unofficial hands for toys capable of swapping-out hands. Like say, taking a Universe toy and swapping its hands (and head) so it can be used as a Movie toy. Movie hands are rather distinctive.

19. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i'd love to have different hands but that means everytime i transform i need to swap the hands with the fists. i do like the MP seekers hands, no swapping hands needed and have decent articulations.

20. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    If it had a swapping-technique along the lines of Universe Dinobot or something, sure. As for removable, probably not, as everyone said it's a good way to lose 'em.