Does anyone else wish hasbro named universe razorclaw & nemesis breaker as RAVAGE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Does anyone else wish hasbro named universe razorclaw & nemesis breaker as RAVAGE?

To me it kinda would have made more sense,made the toys more special & have a more special G-1 homage name.

What upsets me about calling that TM2 Tigerhawk black+purple universe toy razorclaw. it that the toy isn't colored yellow,red,orange & black. the toy is colored black,purple & silver.

I think ravage would have been a better name for that universe TM2 Tigerhawk black repainted toy.

the same deal goes with the nemesis breaker black repaint using the leobreaker voyager mold from cybertron. that nemesis breaker name sound so generic,un-inspiring & un-thought out of.

I would have though since cybertron megatron has the black recolor as his loyal pet. it should have been called ravage. since in the cartoon & marvel comics soundwaves cassettes were very loyal to megatron. even going the extra mile of sitting on his arm,shoulder & so forth.

so what's your thoughts on this matter? i'm curious to hear comments.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    does it even frickin matter?

they could call optimus prime MR. FUFU and i wouldn't care, it still ment to be optimus prime, you can call what ever toy you want, the name on the box doesn't matter, it is like darkmount from generations is staxus, just with a substitute name for trademark, and universe 2.0 tankor is octane

that said, call him ravage all you want, razorclaw and nemesis breaker are fine as is, no need to change their names

i know mine are staying as razorclaw and nemesis breaker, i would rather have two new characters than two failed g1 homages of the same character that the name has no attachment to the design what so ever (granted that argument can be used for universe razorclaw, but eh, if that bothers you to the extreme you can rename it anyways, i am fine as razorclaw)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Rename them. /thread

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't because neither figure made me think of Ravage. Nemesis Breaker is a bigger cat than Ravage- broader, has a mane, etc.

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    IMHO: Senseless to even rename these pieces as "Ravage."

"Ravage" would have been more befitting for that Wal-Mart Repainted BW figure that was named "Tripredacus Agent."

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Not every toy/character needs to have G1 roots or a G1 name.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, and I agree with Thundershot.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    No, neither of them were meant to be Ravage.

9. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not seeing Ravage in any of those 2... not only in form, but even in essence. I know many people would have been angry to see their beloved G1 character turned into a mindless drone in the Cybertron show.

But hey, if it's your toy, you can call it whatever you want! (even Mr. Fufu) I do with mines, and I'm pretty sure many wouldn't agree, but that's just fine (^_')b look for the "rename" thread.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I also agree with Thundershot.

But seriously, if you personally feel that they would mean more to you named Ravage, then call them Ravage. The name on the box is just what they're sold as. No need to feel that is what they must be forever known as. I call Tankor Octane, Darkmount Straxus and Jazz Munka Spanka, so what does it matter?

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Not only that, but Ravage already has a lot of homages and great toys of his own. It's far more interesting to have (KNOW THAT I AM) Razorclaw as a new Unicronian than as "Ravage with wings and a Maximal symbol wait what." And Nemesis Breaker, sheesh that's not even the right continuity

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I also like to see Hasbro expanding past homaging everything anyways. G1 didn't have anything to "homage", and therein lies one of its many successes. I think a lot of other series that follow in the footsteps in G1 would do better to create their own characters like it's predecessor instead of trying to copy it each year.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't see them as Ravage either. Perhaps I'm just too picky but Ravage needs to have a panther look to him not some other big cat.

But heck if it's a figure I want I'll gladly rename the figure when I get it home. Not many characters that have their names painted on them or anything. They could call Generations Jazz something like Bebop as long as it means I get a toy that looked like G1 Jazz.

Plus I like when Hasbro branches out into more than just G1 or the live action movies. Nice to see some characters from other places in the long history of Transformers.

14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How about calling your G1 ravage razorclaw or nemesis breaker?

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Call them what you want to call them. But I like the names that was given. I'm so sick of seeing names being reuse all the time anyway.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No.

This man, right here, is right.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Thundershot basically hit the nail (and this thread) on the head.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

No. Why would that be necessary when Universe/Device Label* Ravage exists?

(I think some people use DL Ravage for their displays instead of Uni. Ravage, so I give the option between the two)

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^exactly......

Hotshot,Bulkhead,Lugnut,Slipstream,Evac,Scalpel,Lockdown,Sideways and Vector Prime would agree with you.

Besides Nemesis Breaker and Razorclaw are lions. Ravage is a cougar. Doesn't work at all whatsoever.

20. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Uh no Autovolt, Ravage is a jaguar, not a cougar.

But yeah, it makes absolutely no sense to name Nemesis Breaker (a lion) or Universe Razorclaw (a winged tiger), "Ravage". Heck, if Uni Razorclaw had been named "Ravage", a lot of fans probably would've been outright pissed since Ravage already exists in the Beast Era. Same for Nemesis Breaker given the existence of Terrorcon Battle Ravage.