Does ANYONE else like TF: The game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Greetings, humans of Earth. It is I, Megatron, leader of the Decepticons!

Now, onto today's topic. I love video games. Sometimes, me and Soundwave play Super Smash Bros. Brawl together. But, there is one game I love A LOT!

It's...
    [​IMG]

A lot of people might disagree, but that's THEIR opinion. THIS IS MINE! I have this game on Xbox 360.

I like this game because:

The designs of us Transformers look very accurate to that of the film

YOU CAN BLOW UP EVERYTHING!!! Buildings to cars, you name it. They blow up nicely too.

Frank Welker voices ME!

DO YOU LIKE THIS GAME?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I have run out of creative ways to describe how horrible this game is.

3. Megatron1

That's your opinion. I respect. I'm just expressing MINE!

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Technically only the first two floors of everything.

You're entitled to yur opinion, but I am to mine. I genuiney hate very few things. I hate this game. Here's why I hate this game:

The story is an abridged, hap-hazard retelling of the movie, but misses key developements and plot points.

The combat is terrible, weapons do no damage and melee attacks are incredibly difficult to block.

Transformation is almost completely useless in battle. It breaks flow, completely alters the control scheme between modes and is only possible on solid ground. If youre falling or jumping you can't do crap.

The graphics are terrible. Nobody's mouths even move. The textures are bland and there's no reactive lighting or anythin to even attempt realism.

The missions are repetative, mind-numbing and either piss-easy or incredibly hard. The player, already restricted by nonsense invisble walls, must frustratingy remain in a certain zone during combat.

Nothing about this game is rewarding. I get no satisfaction from doing anything. Even just walking around is a pain because police or military try and kill you. It's not fun to even just drive around because there's no interesting things to do.

And it goes on.

5. TheG1Reviewer

TheG1Reviewer Well-Known Member

Wow, and look Split Lip, NOW WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! Lol. :) 

6. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    First game I bought for my 360, and my first nextgen game.

Don't think it didn't put a terrible taste in my mouth.

Not only that, but I shelled out extra money for the CYBERTRON EDITION. Including one half assed level where you just beat up drones and Shockwave, again.

7. Megatron1

But what about making like Godzilla and rampaging through the city, letting NOTHING stand in your way.

8. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

personaly, the 2003 ps2 game and war for Cybertron are 100 times better than that the movie tie-in

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well, NOTHING except for tiny little drones that can't be killed without throwing things at them, but can send you flying a quarter mile with the slightest tap.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    You know, I think the only redeemable quality about the PS3/360 versions of this game is a good laugh. Something to put in and show friends as an example for how not to make a game. It's plagued with glitches that take you out of the experience, the graphics are atrocious, the story is ridiculously watered down. And the level design is some of the worst I've ever seen in a game. There really can't be an excuse for it. Even by movie game standards, it's terrible.
    The PS2 version is in a lot of ways just as bad, but it's not as bad as the NextGen versions were. The PS2 version seemed to have a little more effort out forth, but not by much. Some of the major glitches are still present, but are kept more or less in check. Things still blow up by touching them sometimes, but not but by simply walking down the street.
    I will say that for all console versions, the robots are pretty well designed. And accurate to the movie models. Pity the animation and cutscenes have to be so poorly done.

11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    When it came out, I liked it.... When TF2 came out I noticed how shitty this game is.

12. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

that game taught me the lesson of never buy movie tie-in games, i diodnt even bother buying/renting the sequels tie-ins

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    One of the worst games I've ever played. It's packed with absolutely nonsensical bullshit.

"Let's have it so Ironhide's giant meteor cannon thing is absolutely useless against enemies, but a twig is able to take them down instantly!"

Seriously, what the fuck

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  14. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I like it. Being Barricade and trashing the city is fun.

But I hate how you can't kill the Humans. You can shoot a dang missile at them and they'll run away.

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I like it....if we're talking about DS games

16. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    The DOTM game for Xbox360 and PS3 is actually quite good and acts as a prequal to the third movie as opposed to an adaptation of the movie itself

17. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

You're kidding, right?

The designs looked like crap and some were inaccurate. In general, the graphics for this game were more worthless than a piece of sh*t.

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Actually, the models aren't that far off from what the bots look like. It's just, the animation and the graphics that are terrible.

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    The DS version was great. The less said about the console versions, the better.

20. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

The DS version is better. But for me, I just like the fact that you can choose an alt mode from a pretty good amount of vehicles and switch from one to another.