Does anyone else hate loose joints on their TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Trantacular, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Trantacular

Trantacular Well-Known Member

I find that the most annoying thing that can ever happen to one's transformers (besides losing a piece or something) is to have one of their joints loose or to have pegs not peg in well. Just fiddling with an old TFTM deluxe Brawl, I realized his arms will never stay bent OR pegged, and the frustration led me to share lol

2. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

That is a very sucky, i absolutley hate that too

3. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope...I love loose joints!!! Seriously though, I just sell em off when they get loose and buy new ones. I can't stand not being able to make the poses that I want to.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I like my Transformers how I like my women.

... with big enough feet to stand on independently.

5. Trantacular

Trantacular Well-Known Member

Amen. I'm not sure if it's just me, but my ROTF Skids would never like to stay standing for more than a few seconds at a time. He now lives in the undesirables drawer.

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Yeah I hate it when transformers get like this. My HFTD Terradive's legs are all loose and he likes to fall backwards instead of standing up now.

7. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really mind loose joints, I just hate when a Transformer has them straight out of the package. Pisses me off.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup, I hate loose joints. That's why I use superglue to tighten them. Floor polish with Future works too.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, if they're loose, you can tighten them. All by yourself. You don't even need a degree in engineering or anything.

10. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

My wfc prime has always had one very loose leg. Sadly they're a bit pricey now so i'll have to live with it. Ive been on the lookout for a really nice leather armchair for tfs who can no longer stand, but dollshouse furniture is pretty much all crap or too small.

Rw. the guy who said fixing loose joints is easy - I can tighten balljoints easilly enough, but what about all the othet sorts? Pivots, swivels, ratchets and g1 style bolts screwed directly into plastic are all a bit more difficult to do without either taking the toy apart or potentially damaging it surely?

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Also, TFTM Brawl, if it's the deluxe one, his arms won't peg. The initial release had the pegs and the holes at different sizes.

They fixed that with the later releases, though.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation.

Things that refuse to stay pegged in, always annoying.

Loose joints. Well some times overly tight joints can be annoying too. If it's part of the transformation then I like it to be a little loose to make the transformation easier. Some times the joints can be so tight that it feels like something is caught and I don't want to pull hard on things while transforming for fear of it breaking. But some times things are just so tight that you have to use force to transform them.

Now when it comes to joints for posing a Transformer than I prefer the tighter joints. If the joints are so loose that he can't hold up his gun that's annoying.

13. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

I just use mustache wax.

14. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Man, I sure do. The latest one that did this was HFTD Lockdown. I found one at Ross (while looking for the RTS toys) and thought, why not. I passed on it back in the day and its only 7 bucks.

Got home, opened it up, and the arm fell off before i could even transform it! Believe me, there was much rage that day. It now sits in a box never to be seen again.