Does anyone else find this series to be boring?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Hiraga, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Or am I alone here?
    I just don't get excited to see new episodes from this series as I have from previous ones. I find the writing all too predictable, the characters (With the exception of a few) to be either bland or annoyingly repetitive. I like the designs, and a few characters, but otherwise I think don't think this series is anything too special.

I know people are going to hate me for saying this, but I miss Animated.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    You are alone. Sorry.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Every time Optimus starts talking I want to fall asleep.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I disagree with your opinion Hiraga, but I respect your right to it. I've heard a number of people feel the same way. You likely won't find them on this sub-board though.

I've said several times that I am glad Animated died to give birth to Prime. I liked Animated but Prime is so much better. Prime is nearly the perfect Transformers TV show in my opinion.

5. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Just saying, Animated died to make way for ROTF. Not Prime. :) 

6. SparkamusPrime

SparkamusPrime Shark

To be honest, this is the only animated transformers series to be able to hold my attention since the original run of BW. Love it, I think they have a really good thing going here. The stories are a perfect mix of humour and action, I've developed a tolerance for the humans, and Arcee getting some love is always a good thing.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I think that Prime has had some good episodes and characters and has a lot of potential and while i have been entertained by it i have yet to be wowed by it. I really think that they need to do something for season 2 to really make this show what it can and should be.

As for animated. Three seasons was just not enough!

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:

No. And I also still miss Animated. I can really take or leave this series. It gets a lot right, and I don't really think it's a bad show, but I'm just finding it relentlessly dull so far.

I do feel that there's still the potential for it to shift gears and develop into a much more compelling series. But if I wasn't already a TF fan I would've stopped watching TFP a long time ago.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Only boring character for me is Optimus Prime and maybe Bumblebee.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **Prime's episodes and characters are either very exciting or bland.**

11. havanowoncheese

Que? As in fan response or moments in the episode are classified as one or the other.

12. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I don't completely hate it, but it isn't my favorite.

I can't believe Animated only had 3 seasons. I thought they had more. When I found out they didn't, I was sad. I think I'll take my time with season 2 now.

13. havanowoncheese

Just savor every second of its awesome!. Season 3 does have some awesome episodes to.

14. Hiraga

News Credits:
    A Season 4 was planned, but like I said before, it was scrapped to make way for ROTF. :( 

I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

15. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

I think it is going to depend on the person and how they react to certain things.

I am OK with animated - I just had some issues after you know Starscream sounded like Spongebob - considering I do not like Spongebob at all (throw things all you want).

However, I love Prime - I thought I wouldn't after all the bad things I heard about it - but I absolutely adore it to no end.

I loved Beast Wars - but disliked Beast Machines because of the out of character problems - if I had seen BM first I probably would have liked it better then BW, but no telling.

I can't handle G1 because well...sorry its horribly bad I can't watch it without falling out laughing at how bad the dialog and such is (the voice acting is good don't get me wrong but the way it was done back then...ugh).

The Movies - I love adrenaline rushes - the movies give me this - so I love them as well.

Not everyone will like one thing or another.

Then there are people that love anything Transformers period.

I have plenty of Energon and Cybertron toys - but I didn't like the series at all. *shrugs*

16. havanowoncheese

Part of animateds death was hasbro's desire to create the hub. Cant have a TF cartoon on someone elses network you know. I do think ROTF had a hand in it whether hasbro says or not. They really milked rotf for a lot epsecially the toyline if you include the HFTD line which some figures were movie figures clearly.

17. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

You are definitely not alone, brother. The show doesn't really give me what I expect just from a regular good show, not just a Transformers show. Good and balanced characterization, well paced fight scenes with weight and tension, and a want to see the next episode are all of which what the Prime series lacks.

Its a very pretty show with very weak writing to a point that makes it boring and barely watchable.

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    The only boring part about Transformers Prime is Prime himself. Even Ben Stein can crack a joke every now and then.

The other characters minus Miko, I like with a passion.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love TFPrime and have enjoyed most of the episodes..only 1 or 2 felt like filler to me, but at least they were entertaining to a degree.

Tired of the broken record comments about Optimus, he's awesome just as he is!! He's not supposed to be a funbot..he's serious, introspective, profound, and mysterious to his subordinates, as a Leader should be.
    He's not there to be one of the regular bots, lobbing with them, he's got other things on his mind..like keeping the Cons from destroying earth and the humans that inhabit the planet.

ILD shame on you girl, you cut me, you cut me deep!! (with your post) :lol 

20. Hiraga

News Credits:
    I like Knockout, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Starscream, But that's it. :/
    Still I absolutely love the designs (except for Breakdown's), which is why I'm going to be getting a version of every character.