Does anyone else feel like the Transformers toy line has become too big for itself?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by netkid, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know if "Transformers" is too big for me, but it's probably too big for many retailers. :) 

It is interesting to look back on the Beast Wars days, when there might be between 20 and 30 toys total for an entire year. Back then it was pretty common to go "I just bought the 2-3 toys in this wave. Guess I can take a break for a couple months."

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Agreed. With all of the case assortments (not to mention each toy line), what retailer could? RTS has probably 10 different types of toys to stock, each with its inventory to maintain, then add two more for PCCs, Activators, RPMs, Speed Stars, etc. I think Hasbro is trying to take over the toy aisle (wait until the "Avengers Assemble" concept comes out with their Marvel lines).

Retailers only have a finite amount of space, and they have to stock other manufacturers too.

I don't think it's going to get any easier with the movie line either. Two sizes of Human Alliance, probably 3 to for class assortments for Cyberverse, probably the same for Mechtech. Not to mention role play items, etc. AND Generations is suppsed to stay active too. That's alot of case assortments to keep current.

Hasbro may need to just start having their own brick and mortar stores.

3. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I like that there are different lines, and I love picking and choosing from them. Classics are my main collection, and I enjoy sticking to them, but I enjoy seeing a good figure pop out in another line. And when lines like Animated or the movie lines put out a figure that fills a hole in my Classics shelf, I like to jump on those (for example, ROTF Brawn, Animated Waspinator, Animated Arcee, Cybertron Downshift) and plug them in to the Classics line where needed.

And to be honest, I look forward to times when the movie merchandise is out and all the other lines go on hiatus, because that means I can stop buying for a while, save some money, and have a moment to appreciate the collection I have!