Does Anyone Else Dislike Leader-Class Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jun 10, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Let me say I really dislike leader class transformers. They're too big and bulky....they have too many gimmicks.....and take up way too much space.

I'm more of a deluxe and voyager sized collector. The only larger figures I own are MP Megs and Prime and Leader Class Movie Prime.

I got Leader Class Prime and I really don't like him and I decided that I don't like leader figures in general. Voyager Movie Prime is a much better figure.

Also, I find myself wishing that some Leader Class TF Animated figures like Earth-mode Megs and Ultra Magnus were made Voyager sized instead.

Anyone else feel the same way? Disagree? Why? Why Not?

2. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I'm not a fan of the price, either.

4 Deluxes, or one Leader? I don't care if I sound cheap, one for the price of four is just plain stupid.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I skipped Leader movie Megatron, even with the Premium Series deco, because I wasn't impressed enough with the design to take a $40 chance. I pretty much buy every mold above Scout size, but the few I skip tend to be the big ones: Ultimate Bumblebee, Supreme Cheetor. I am leaning toward skipping Leader Bulkhead for the same reason.

4. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    disagree, the molds are great, they just need to do better paint aps to justify the price.

if you look at Takara's leadersize toys it will make you drool~~~

5. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    I love the designs, but leaders are to big to play with,and flop around to much(I'm looking at you Movie Prime...)

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I really dont have any preferences when it comes to class size, I like them all really. I find it really comes down to the toy itself and not the size of it. If anything my least favourite size are probably basics.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Try something with a super mode, like Cybertron Optimus Prime. He's my favorite Leader toy of all time.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't have a preference. Like SW.ca said, it's the toy. Not the size of the toy.

9. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I love giant bots they rock hard!

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I dislike the price, but there are some that have been worth the price, imo. RID Optimus Prime, Energon Galvatron, and Movie Brawl are the three Leaders I own, and are all great enough molds to warrant the price, imo. Movie Brawl does have his downsides though, but just the look of him is worth the price for me.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I was pretty much in the same mindset until I got Movie Leader Prime [and much later Brawl] who are treated like masterpieces. The toys are big enough, articulated enough and have plenty of detailing to marvel. I can't say the same for Animated Leaders [too plain for my taste], though.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The only thing I don't like is the price. Everything else is win. Not that I'd be into a line of nothing but leaders, but I do like me big toys. Movie Leader Prime is the epitome of Leader-sized toys for me.

13. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Hard to say, would depend on the toy itself for me. SO far, Animated Leader Megatron has yet to disappoint. But generally, Animated Leaders feel slightly smaller compared to Movie Leaders.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love alot of size variety in my toys as it makes the shelf more exciting to look at. I think the leader toys have gotten better every year with the only weak spot being Energon prime. I would like to see Hasbro get more creative with the price point though. Maybe do some gift sets style stuff. I think the leader price point would be a great way to do like a 3 man combiner team or something

15. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh, I don't mind Leader class too much. I just think they should be $29.99 instead of $39.99.

I've got Leader class Prime (movie premium), Megatron (movie premium) and Brawl. Prime; I'm perfectly happy with. Megatron; his robot mode is good, but his vehicle mode is bleh. While I could rant about Brawl having too many features/being too heavy, that aspect of his design was probably intentional. After all; he IS a lumbering pile of firepower in the movie.

Looking ahead to the animated figures; Ultra Magnus looks just about perfect, and my only complaint with Megatron lies with his "brb, gotta go to the bathroom" knee clench.

Overall; my only real gripe is the price. Some of the leader figures have their flaws, but what figure doesn't? (I'm lookin' at you; Lockdown Limpwrist.)

16. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

If the character is larger than the others in the show, I usually want that scale difference represented in toy format as well.

I thought Movie leader prime was fantastic, he is my fave leader sized figure and my favorite optimus over all.

17. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Only the price matters to me, size doesn't really matter.

18. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Resume the begging for Leader-class Lugnut then?

(I'd also move for a leader-Grimlock, but if you're out for scene recreation *coughBlackFridaycough*, Deluxe Optimus works fine with that, and Blackarachnia's even to scale with him too.)

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yep, I just can't justify £40 for a toy.

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Sometimes the size just works, you know? I passed on Deluxe Brawl because Leader Brawl is, in many ways, a better figure and has the bulk for it. Leader Prime just looks cool, and comes with some cool features. I plan to get Leader Megatron and Ultra Magnus not just because the molds look SWEET, but because they represent their characters with accuracy and size very well next to some voyagers and deluxes.

Ergo, Leader class for the win.