Does anyone care about the Leaderboards?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shockwavexodius, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shockwavexodius

Shockwavexodius Psychologically instable

Does anyone actually care how good you are in the world? I do. I'm ranked at about 1986. Please tell me if you care or tell me what rank you are.

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on how many people are below you.

3. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Nah, I don't care.

4. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do. *raises hand*

5. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Frak stats !!!!

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    did before, not anymore

7. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I don't, but now that you mention it I am kinda curious to see where I'm ranked.

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really care where I am but it's fun to see how I compare to my other friends that play WFC.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm #1 on pc conquest, dunno where on 360 (just picked it up for 360 during the last 5x exp event).

I really don't care about the rank, I just play a lot of conquest with friends, it's my favorite mode for the game, as it's more of a "team objective" sport then just tdm.

Cool stat though I noticed, on PC I've got over half the top 360 CQ player's score, but under half his playtime. So I could technically get the same score in less playtime on 360...but I don't think I'm dumping the hours into doing that again, lol.

But yeah, lb score means jack. I've played a lot of really good players that I can't find ranked on any lb.

10. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

depends.
    I used to be insane about my place on the boards. now if i'm atleast within 10 of rank 50 i'm fine.

btw you're lying to yourself if you believe some of the higher people don't cheat. I know because i've played with them. I won't give names but leaderboards are never "accurate" if it was based on player skill than alot of people would be rocketed up down and around the boards.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care since a lot of the people at the top cheated to get there.

12. Shockwavexodius

Shockwavexodius Psychologically instable

I guess your kinda right.

13. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I guess they matter if you're at the top or one of the guys at the top, and if you're way at the bottom with no chance of impacting the top guys then they don't!

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My life revolves around where I am on the leader boards on a game based off of toys.

15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I play games alot, and I'm not the worst player ever, but I've never been high enough up to care on any game. Woohoo, you're #7563 and climbing! RAD!

16. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    my pc crew is 100% legit, but we're all kinda getting bored on the pc side because every game you make someone joins that's either glitching or outright hacking, and we're forced to kill the game. I'm content with my score and where I ended up because I got there playing legit, and it made it that much more enjoyable.

I get accused of hacking all the time on 360 now because I usually take 30-40 kills / 3-5 deaths per conquest game. That community has a very hard time accepting that they're just awful at the game. I spent a lot of time playing against mouse/kb players and developing my brawling tactics on pc. Yeah, I die just like everyone else, but when you know all the overshield, health cube and ammo spawns on every map it makes things a bit easier.

But I think it's primarily just a lot of kids that can't deal with losing, like most games. Someone must be hacking if they can't get a win, obviously can't be that they just suck at the game.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I do. In like in the 1000's in Escalation. I'm aiming for number 1

18. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    last time i was on, I was like 146 on Conquest :) 

19. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

I do. *raises hand*

20. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

Thank you. I feel the same about people who complain about always dying in Escalation all the time. Folks need to realize they are lacking in understanding and as a result lack the necessary skills to stay alive or even contribute to a meaningful attempt at staying alive.

If you're on the PS3 that's over half a billion points to reach |_bot_| who is still alive and collecting points. I doubt you'll catch him before Tripz does who's right behind him and still playing frequently too.

I think I'm #124 right now and was originally just trying to make the top 1000, then 500, and now I am aiming for top 100, then 50 and it gets complicated from there with the huge gap in points between the top 3 or 4 players in Escalation. I don't think many of the guys in the top 100-200 are active anymore because I seem to be climbing rather quickly or it could be those continual 40+ wave runs I've been pulling off lately but I can't be sure.. I am still bothered about losing more than 25,000 points the other night when my PS3 froze in wave 59.. I knew we should've quit and collected the points.