Repro/Sticker: Does anybody on here have the skill to cast a whole figure for me?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rdfnd1253, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Would anybody be able to recast Big Convoy for me in another color of plastic?? I added pics of blue big convoy just to show a pic of the figure...but I want a different color than the blue. Let me know!

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Does it need to be recast? I'm sure if you don't feel comfortable painting it, you could commission some of the artists here to do one for ya. Frenzy_Rumble comes to mind immediately. There was also a repaint from Target for the Universe line a few years ago, a Nemesis Prime. It was primarily grays and browns if I recall. You may be able to score one off Ebay.

3. Rdfnd1253

Yeaa I could have one repainted but I actually have an idea Id like to do if someone is able to recast the figure. I want a funky version that paint cant help with. I would go into detail with it once I find someone that can recast plastic

thanks for the idea though!

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    No prob! Good luck on your quest!!:thumbs2: 

5. Rdfnd1253

THANKS!!! I hope I can find someone that can recast plastic pretty well

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    You want it clear...didn't you ask this already ?
    If I'm wrong smack me...:gen069: ...someone asked this a few months ago.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't think it as much a question of skill as it resources. Were resources not an issue, I could repro things all day long. However, the reality of my life is that churning out repaints is a job in itself with my schedule. Add to the fact that spraying is extremely difficult given my living circumstances.

I can see your desire for wanting a cheaper way to manipulate this toy in some way. I have a Nemesis Prime from my own collection that I can sell, but letting it go for less than $60 + shipping is out of the question for me given the availability of him (and that NP is one of my favorite characters). [btw, if you're interested in mine, just pm me :wink: ]

I hope you can find a solution for your problem man. Keep us posted :thumb 

8. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Weren't you also looking to recast this in Gold palstic like the Lucky Draw?

9. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

How much are you wanting to spend? Recasting that whole figure would not be cheap.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    if it needs repaint, or even heavy modding, I'd love for you to shoot me a pm (seeing I am a fulltime customizer now) however, if this project entails recasting to a clear plastic, that's something that'll cost you an arm and a leg, and I personally, stay away from even showing interest in a custom that scale of labor.

if you'd like, please elaborate on the details in this thread, and someone can help you out.

11. Rdfnd1253

Hey....yea i was having a guy produce the gold chrome lucky draw version for me but I would have to purchase a minimum of 500 of them...and to be honest I only want one. I wouldnt want to bring down the value for the legit owner of one such as TF@themoon, its just not right. So i figured with 500 in existence itd cause problems telling the original from the fake as we all have seen with the g1 chinese ko's. I dont remember saying I was interested in a clear version, but I do have bad memory so cant say for certain I didnt ask about that. I actually like that idea, anyone able to do a clear one??

The one I was looking into more doing would be to have a green big convoy painted or casted for me, but the parts that are clear blue on the blue big convoy, I would want clear green to go with the figure. Hence why I was asking about recasting parts.

12. Rdfnd1253

ohh and the main reason i rather it be recasted in another color is so I dont have to worry about paint chipping had I had it painted instead of casted in that color plastic

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I'd take F_R up on his offer, bro. The right amount of sanding and prep work can eliminate your scratching problem. There are quite a few bashers in here (Encline, Tony, F_R, PK, Nemy, Redline, Spurt, Wheeljack, SQ7...umm, me, etc.) that can give you a higher quality than you would get with recasting.

The issues would range from detailing in the cast, time needed and most certainly, cost.

If not, god speed, man. I hope someone can square it away for you. :thumbs2: 

14. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can do casting no problem(just finished some pro work for Shocker Toys). But they had the resources(i.e. funds) as it is not a cheap job recasting something, especially in clear(if that's what you want). The cost of just making the molds for the whole figure is let alone enough to make some one cry(professional mold makers are some of the best paid jobs in the toy industry). I could recast the higher friction parts to a desired solid color(no metallic though, way to expensive) if you like then do a TonyzCustomz signature repaint:cool: (My finishes don't chip under normal transforming and play) I also seal my customs so that they will not yellow and that they are UV resistant so no worries about having him go sour after a couple of years. PM me with a full explanation of the details and a projected price allowance and I will see if I can meet you on it. Sounds like a neat job that I would love to do.

15. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

by my calculation it could easily cost 600.00$ in sillicone mold alone !

16. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    recasting ONE figure is way more than either commissioning someone or even buying an original.

17. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Recast the translucent pieces and paint the rest? >.>

18. Rdfnd1253

yea i think im leaning towars that kouri