Does any one else think its weird we dont know what toyline will be after the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by nemisispringer, May 6, 2009.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok so i was just thinkin the other day that by this time when the last movie was due to come out we allready knew animated was gonna be the next line so im just wondering what the hell hasbro has planned next if at all and why we havent heard anything on it yet

2. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they are planning to do a big reveal at BotCon. And I guess it is a different situation this year because last year we knew that there would be a toyline with the new series, and this year it isn't even certain yet what is happening with the Animated television show. I think if Hasbro announced what was going on with the toyline, it would reveal what is going to happen with Transformers Media-wise as well and I don't think they are ready to do that just yet...for whatever reason. Maybe it has something to do with the transference of rights to the Hasbro television station.

Not that I am an expert by any means. This is just my thought process.

3. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Classics 3.0!!!!!

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    personally i think its just a tad odd but acceptable in this economy as hasbro must focus its advertising money of the Movie line in order to reap maximum profits and with TF:A continueing after this season a very much unknown quantity (and sadly unlikely), The Movie Line is understandably the entire focus

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I just want to know man, thats what is pissing me off. Even though the chances are slim I still have hope.

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    we should find out whether animated is continuing or not at botcon. or the next big thing. i wonder if animated 2.0 is where they're heading....

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is a little odd, but do you think Animated is truly over? Seems like a tall order to wrap animated up in three episodes (that's what's left, right?). I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it'll feel rushed...

I think the next toyline will be the continuation of Transformers Animated under a new name or the same.

Transformed

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i think so too, or hope so, whichever is the proper verb for this situation lol

9. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    It would be nice to think that hasbro would continue animated with Cartoon Network and develop a movie based series for their new channel, but then they can't really do anything movie based because i'll tread on Bays toes too much.

If they do develop a new animated series for their new channel I hope they can get Wyatt involved because I just love his asthetic

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping for a movie-based cartoon, with Bay as some kind of consultant on it. And Cullen, of course.

I know a lot of folks liked the funny characters and humor of TFA, but I'm hoping for something a bit darker and a little more serious in nature.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If they do go with a Movie-based cartoon, I'd prefer for Bay to be kept as far away from it as possible.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I had a dream where it went back to Takara doing most of the work on the cartoons, since they wanted a turn helping with a cartoon again. It was based on the movies, but Bay was kept pretty far away from it. It was used to fill in the gaps between TF2 and TF3,and when TF3 came out, the cartoon fizzled out. It was born from how Hasbro seemed to notice certain characters that were not featured in the movies weren't selling well. (Not that that's true, but that was like the "plot" of the dream.)

13. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

I think our opinions of who handled Transformers 'seriously' are diametrically opposed. To each his own.

I hope that we either get a) some sort of Animated continuation (unlikely) or b) more classics/ classic based cartoon.

The movie is obviously successful and well-liked, but I'd rather it didn't dominate the entire Transformers brand name.

14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks to evreyone whos posted so far suppose well all have to wait till botcon to find out whats happening but i hope to god its not a movie series

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^this

16. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Thats not really a possibilty is it.
    The amount of time it takes to make a movie like transformers would stop any kind of story flow between the two.
    Movie-goers would be left thinking "What? I've got to go watch a cartoon series to keep up with the story?" Its doubtful a cartoon storyline could fit in between 2 movies in the same way as something like the clone wars does. and even then clone wars gets run past Lucas anyway.

If they do a new series it'll be a separate entity to the movie altogether.

Depending on the target audience for the new channel it might even end up being a 'Robot Heroes' based series for younger children. Which would keep the scope open for animated. I mean after all theres a Super Hero Squad toon in development

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    With Hasbro and Discovery's joint venture on a new channel which will feature Hasbro-related product television shows, the necessity to "jointly" work with another television network (Cartoon Network) is completely and totally gone.

It's kind of like this:

Financially, it is no longer viable to work with Cartoon Network. All the tools are in place now for Hasbro to go their own route, without having to rely on another network's decision for timeslots, etc. The days of Transformers on Cartoon Network are pretty much over now (I mean, they just announced a joint deal with Cartoon Network's competition, amIright?).

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just curious, but how successful is Transformers Animated? Is about the same or more popular than Transformers Armada? I figure Hasbro'll go in the direction of whatever's working, and whichever's cheapest.

I myself would love to see something like Beast Wars with Bob and Larry helming the project, but I imagine something like that would be too costly for Hasbro's likes :'(

I wouldn't mind the next line to be along the lines of Transformers Animated at all, I like th writing, in fact, it WAS the writing that got me interested--I didn't care for the art at first. Bumblee Bee played a huge part in my liking for the show as well :D  I really enjoyed all the little nods to G1 be it story related or voiceover related, I tip my hat to all those who did what was necessary to get it done.

I hope the next toyline and show is as fun as this one :) 

Transformed

19. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

It seems like Animated was more of a test subject, and the Hasbro/CN experiment didn't meet hasbro's expectations. I understand Hasbro's desire to have control over the distribution and content. It all makes perfect financial and branding sense.

It's unfortunate that the show to get the axe mid-stride is Animated, and not any of the A/E/C.

I know we won't get a direct continuation; I'm hopeful we get something thematically similar. And not movie-based.

Question though: In the world of shared copyrights, what sort of ownership does CN have over Animated creative rights? Is it legally possible for Hasbro to use the Wyattverse in other TF incarnations without CN's direct involvement?

20. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Cartoon Network doesn't have staff writers so that isn't an issue, but Cartoon Network is heavily involved with the show's production. I can see this going three ways.

1 Cartoon Network and Hasbro agree to continue this one last joint venture to it's conclusion, whenever that may be.

2 Hasbro buys all of the creative rights from Cartoon Network and continues to produce Animated themselves for their own channel.

3 Animated abandoned completely and Hasbro and Cartoon Network part ways leaving Animated fans quite angry. But hey, we all know that a new project will be on the way.

This makes me wonder about the fate of G.I. Joe Resolute. It airs on CN (well, Adult Swim), but is it a joint venture?

EDIT: Well, it would seem that these shows are both the babies of Warner Brother's very own Sam Register. Might be all up to him...