Does All Of TF2 Take Place In 2009?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lord Kimbot, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Lord Kimbot

Lord Kimbot Member

Potential Spoilers
    According to sources, this movie is supposed to take place two years after the first one. Well, I'm wondering if some of the film takes place just shortly after the first one ends.

In the trailer, it looks like Decepticon protoforms are crashing into the ocean and the aircraft carriers.

Towards the end of TF1, Decepticon bodies are being dumped into the ocean from an aircraft carrier.

In the Alliance comic books, a month after events in the first movie, they are preparing to move the Decepticons onto an aircraft carrier to be dumped. At about the same time, Soundwave is sending some Decepticon protoforms to Earth. Why would these protoforms choose to land in the ocean? Could it be to retrieve at least Megatron, and perhaps, the other Decepticons before they fall too far into the ocean causing them to be crushed by the immense ocean pressures.

I am wondering if the aircraft carrier scenes take place not in 2009, but in 2007 shortly after TF1 ends with Decepticons landing to retrieve the Decepticon bodies.

Who knows. Maybe the scene takes place in 2009 and there just happens to be some aircraft carriers there when the Decepticons land in the ocean to most likely retrieve the Decepticon bodies at the bottom of that ocean. Or maybe they are just going after Sam on one of the carriers.

I'm also concerned about that rumor about Mikaela crying on an aircraft carrier. If this rumor is true, why would she be crying?