Does Airachnid deserves a place in a TFilm?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that doesn't justify what he did though. you can't simply f*ck up a character just because you don't like them

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. That's like saying he didn't like Jazz, Ironhide or Wheeljack so therefore they die the most graphic way possible.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

When the character has nothing to do in your two hour movie you can.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know it's funny about how some of the people who hated how Bay treated the women and femmes im the films and yet the same ones are also against femmes. :lol  Double standreds anyone?

Again just as long as Airachnid's done right I'm open to it. I mean we can get a better toy out of her for all we know. :thumb 

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

He forgot his cannon when Bulkhead was hefting a titanic hammer. But hey, Bulkhead's was bigger; that's definitely gonna hit a nerve XD

Besides, he'd just gone from cocky executioner to trapped struggle, trying to overcome the web with brute force rather than just shoot her, and that gave her the opportunity to get back at him. He wasn't quite in the right mindset for a logical solution.

He forgot them in Orion Pax too, and he certainly didn't take any the last time he moved to murder a treacherous liutanent (did I spell that right?).

Megatron's pride is his weakness. Bumblebee knew it, Airachnid knew it. This is the second time in the series (Optimus did it first) he's been goaded to a one-on-one, and we know he definitely went for it the first time it happened. Besides, who wouldn't pass up the chance to go to her lil' hideout and smash her face into the floor? Megatron sure as hell wouldn't.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

aircahed be autobot in tf 4
    spiders are helpful too

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This doesn't even really have to do with sexism (on this account), it has to do with Bay not focusing on many of the robots outside of Optimus, Bumblebee, Sentinel, Megatron and a few others. That's the thing. Unless she was the main 'Con villain of the movie, she would be virtually non-existant, most likely. So it's sort of an all-or-nothing situation.

It's not like he purposefully went out of his way to screw her up. Do people honestly think that? I think Bay's got better things to do when directing a $200 million movie over the span of two years than sit crouched over at his desk, wringing his hands together saying "Good, good... I'll make Arcee be a unicycle and only have three lines in the movie and then ambiguously kill her off. Good. This will tick off the fans. I hate her character. This is exactly what I want. Yes, I'll f**k up her entire character just to drink the tears of fans." :rolleyes:  That's how she happened to turn out. It's unfortunate, yes, but people seem to be under the erroneous assumption that he purposefully sets out to screw up things. He wanted her to look a certain way and to do things and to show up for a certain amount of time. Others didn't agree with his choices on those things (for obvious reasons), but hey, them's the breaks.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Fictional characters don't "deserve" anything, frankly, and when you start believing they do, it's a pretty good sign you've become heavily invested in them.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No way.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yes, I would like to see her. If she can be written correctly. I'd like them to keep her as a rogue but I'm not certain how well the movies could do that.

Unlike many others, I loved her in TFP and I was very happy when she started getting stuff done because she was the only Con in the show who was. I don't care which Decepticon gets stuff done as long as they do.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think when you look at the history of Micheal Bay films he's never been a director that has gone for strong independent women in his movies. Every so often you get a female character willing to stand up to the bad guys, but it always takes a male character to save the day. The female characters are often shown as somehow incomplete without a male character to cling to.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What is up with Airachnid? Why is she all over these boards?

13. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    No thank you. One POS toy is enough.

14. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I love Airachnid. I think she's awesome. So no.

Seriously though, it really depends on the style of the movie, who's directing, etc. I'd love more fembots in general no matter where they are.

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

If she transformed into a car then her name would CARrachnid, not AIRrachnid. You see her name is a play on words bc she's a spider and a flyer.

16. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    man why everyone hating on airachnid? she killes one perso..two people an everyone gets all iffy :L

17. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    She's killed millions. Remember, she has wiped out entire civilizations.

18. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    She's a very good character in Prime, but I doubt a movie version of her would turn out good.

19. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Like when Soundwave stepped on her head, Arcee chased her off multiple times, and Megatron knew what she was up to when she thought she was being all sneaky?

"She killed a character I like" does not make a character a Mary Sue.

You are still factually incorrect. See up there, where you use the word "frequency"? She's been beaten and foiled a lot.

So, how'd that work out for her?

Oh yeah, it didn't. Having a unique ability just doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. It's all about presentation. Even with that army, she got hosed and cold-stored.

- Coeloptera

20. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    they deserved it.........