Doctor Who

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yay, more people with Dapol daleks :D 
    I'm in the process of updating my collection pics, shall possibly post later.

2. PakiroVah

PakiroVah Hasbro's Slave

I really want a toy of the Crucible. Now THAT was epic.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sadly the microuniverse line seems to be the only place such a thing could be released. That seems to be pretty much dead in the water though, shelfwarming and on sale everywhere I see it.

EDIT: Post #5000!

4. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Yeah I've been pointing out they need to do a Dalek saucer since the Micro Universe line began. A Crucible would be pretty sweet too.

5. Takara_destron

Ebay:
  6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Do they still make those? I know the Product Development Manager (on another forum), I'll have to ask if they have any more DW stuff in the pipeline. :D 

7. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    No, they lost the license about 8 years ago. Shame, I visited the factory a few times and they were a really nice bunch of people.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Questions folks- I just started buying the Character Options/Underground Toys figures and was trying to determine what the best figure of the 10th Doctor would be. I like the one without the coat and glasses best, but I can't seem to find him online anywhere as a single-carded figure, only with multi-packs. Am I not looking hard enough?

Also, is there a good database somewhere of all the Character Options/Underground Toys figures released so far? Any good sites for news on upcoming figures?

9. Takara_destron

Ebay:
  10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
  11. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Thought I'd drag this thread up as they've FINALLY announced some new classic stuff.

First off, classic Dalek set 2! :D 
    [​IMG]
    Doctor Who: Classic Dalek Collectors 3-Pack: Set 2 @ Forbidden Planet

And secondly, a 4th Doctor figure set featuring various characters from his era
    [​IMG]
    Doctor Who: Action Figure Adventure Set: The 4th Doctor @ Forbidden Planet

I'll definitely be getting the dalek set, and I'm extremely tempted by the other set if only for a suicide dalek. I've wanted one of those for quite a while.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    4th Doctor set will be mine. I missed out on him the first time around and haven't been willing to pay inflated secondary market prices.

I'm wondering when we're going to start seeing prototypes for the Matt Smith Doctor.

Also, wasn't there a rumore floating around that Character Options was shifting their figures to a smaller 3" scale?

13. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Really? Hadn't anything about that (but then I haven't been keeping check on them for a while).

EDIT: Did some digging, doesn't look like theres anything concrete at this time. Personally I hope the scale won't change, but it won't really affect me that much since I mainly buy only daleks anyway.

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I read about it a month or two ago on one of the Who forums but as you said, nobody had anything concrete.

I have no problem with the current size, but I would have no objections to a smaller scale, either. I've got so many figures from so many different lines that I'm used to nothing being in scale with each other.

New scale or old, I hope they take another crack at David Tennant's Doctor. Something about the current likeness just doesn't look right (too straight), and he really needs some cut biceps and ball-jointed shoulders.

15. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'll probably buy the new Dalek set (and see if someone will be willing to let go of the one from the 4th Doctor set as well). I just hope CO abandoned those painted soft rubber ball joints they used for the first round of Daleks.

16. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I want that Mummy, hopefully it gets an individual release.

17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Some of my Classic collection including the 2nd Doctor which arrived yesterday,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also got the 1st Doctor/Dalek set on the way and have pre-ordered both 3rd Doctor sets & the 4-pack as well.

BTW the rumors about the change in scale are BS. It was apparently confirmed during SDCC that it'll continue to be the same which IMO is a good thing as the human likenesses on smaller figures tend to suck.

There's also not going to be any figures from the "specials" so anyone who wants an all new 10th Doctor may be out of luck .

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Blast, I was really hoping for a new 10th Doctor figure as the original (and all it's various incarnations) don't really capture Tennant. At least they managed an excellent Eccleston figure already.

19. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Got my First and Second Doctor today along with the second Torchwood wave. They're all really nice figures. The Torchwood ones surprised me after being a bit disappointed with the first wave. Anyway, can't wait to add the Third Doctor to my Doctors line-up. I have the set with the sea devil on order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Does anyone know of a good place online to buy the dark-blue shirt version of Torchwood Captain Jack from SDCC 2009? There's a few on Ebay but the prices there seem a bit too inflated.

***EDIT***
    Nevermind, I just nabbed one from BBTS. Last time I looked they didn't have him, and now they do. Woot!
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UND10224&mode=retail