Doctor Who to get a new companion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boardwise, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Source

Let's hope the next companion won't have to bring the family along.

Though I do wonder if the little hint the Beast said in last weeks episode will come true.

"The lost girl, so far away from home. The vailiant child, who will die in battle, so very soon."

Is Rose to join the list of companions who die?

2. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I really didn't mind her as a Who companion. IMO, her acting abilities were better than the sometimes mediocre scripting would allow her to show.

I'd love Kate Beckinsdale as a replacement. I envision her bringing some class to the role, much like Lalla Ward as Romana.

3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I really hope we get some one totally different from Rose, I'm not going to say she was bad, it just there have been so many better assistance over the years.

4. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do agree.
    I was a bit skeptical when she was first announced as the companion, but she did prove herself even against some of the mediocre scripts.

I just hope the new companion will cause the apron strings to be cut and they will get to some alien planets more.

5. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    That's a bit of a shock, I'd previously heard that she'd stick around for part of Series 3. Ditto on not wanting the new companion to have a supporting cast though.

I've heard that Captain Jack is coming back next year, but they wouldn't make him the sole companion, would they? (Has the Doctor ever travelled with only male companions before? I'm not really up on my Who history)

6. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he's travelled with just a male companion for a while.
    Jamie springs to mind.

But Capt Jack is off doing Torchwood and I don't think the 2 will cross over.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Tell that to Adric, bitch.

8. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This will be his 3rd dead companion, right? Katarina, Adric, then Rose? How about something cool for a companion this time? A Cyberman with remaining emotions? A half-cybernised person? An alien that doesn't look human? Romana III? Someone without a mom in every other episode?

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I wonder how they will get rid of her in the end, and according to an old BBC Site update, Cap'n Jack is coming back at some point, more than likely next season, I'll see if I can find the exact update later.

10. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I belive the count is at 3 companions to die so far.
    Katarina, Sarah Kingdom and Adric.

Rose, if she is to die, will be the 4th.

11. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

personally i hope rose dies.

i cant stand her!!!

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    That would be my hope. Jackie really gets on my nerves, and so does Mickey.

Sarah Kingdom? Is that from the books or am I getting senile?

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    5th if you count Kamelion. And then there's Peri, who was kind of killed off (I hated the character, so I prefer to favor the first explanation).

Not going to miss Rose too much. She's been a decent companion, but her supporting cast has really bugged me. Hopefully the next companion either won't have a big supporting cast, or at least will have one that won't pop up every two or three episodes. Having a companion still closely tied to her life on Earth was a nice idea, but Jackie and Rickey the Idiot really got overplayed.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing multiple companions in the Tardis. I liked the "Tardis family" kind of format we had with Hartnell, Troughton, and Davison.

As for how Rose leaves, I'd just as soon not see her killed off. I like her too much for that. But considering how they've written her relationship with the Doctor, I have a hard time seeing any other way for her to exit, short of the Doctor just abandoning her a la Susan. I just pray they don't dust off the old "marry off the companion" plot device that took away so many of the past female companions.

And Pravus, Sarah Kingdom was a short-lived companion during one of Terry Nation's really long Hartnell-era Dalek stories. She pretty much filled the void left when they killed of Katrina early on in the storyline. Sarah died in the last episode of the story and Dodo came in as the female companion in the following storyline. The story with Sarah is one of the many from the first two Doctors' eras that are missing episodes.

14. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

leave ricky the idiot alone in the end he turned out to be more likable than "deus ex machina" rose. god did she earn my eternal hatred for the crap she pulled in the parting of ways.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Argh. I still haven't gottten around to seeing last weeks episode. Rose leaving? Hmm, I suspect this is something of a Doctor Who storyline, ie, we've had it from the point of view of him leaving companions because he doesn't age, but what happens when one is taken away from him?

Could be good. I personally don't much care who become the next companion(s). But I do want to see the Master back in some shape or form.

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Interesting. Wasn't there another rumor that she was only going to be part time next year?

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Much as I like Rose I want someone like Ace back, the relationship they built between Ace and the 7th Doctor was fabulous, especially in the Virgin New Adventures Novels...

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Also, Depending on whether you count K-9 as a Companion, that's another companion that has died, sort of, maybe.

But yes, the BBC have said (once again, In a previous news article) that Billie may be doing something for next season.

19. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Kamelion die?
    I though he just kinda , faded into the TARDIS spare parts cupboard.

20. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i woudnt be suprisd if torchwood had something to do with Rose leaving or atleast accidently helping the invasion start.