Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deathsheadx, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished the new episode. Great stuff. Fantastic sets. I didn't think I was going to like it much in the beginning, but it really turned out to be an excellent episode. I'm really warming up to Donna - I like that she's far more willing to tell the Doctor off than Rose or Martha. She isn't as awestruck by him as they were, and it leads to a very different Doctor/companion dynamic. I approve wholeheartedly.

2. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Maybe, but RTD said it would be alot more subtle than it was in the other series, and would consist of different elements from each episode, which all point towards one big 'mystery.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

This seems likely. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rose that has to stop the Doctor from doing this.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I forgot to add last night that I also loved the little nod to The Romans from the William Hartnell era. I always like it when the new series makes reference to the original.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yeah, I caught that too :) 

6. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

doctor who's voyage of the damned is on friday night at 830 on scifi

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

That episode is so 4 and half months ago, lol....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hahah. I'm gonna 'Lord' it over you USers, because you're like, so outta 'Time' with us in the UK.

Muhuhahah. Seriously though, Voyage of the Damned is probably the better of the Christmas specials, but I think it would have been better if they did it during 1914, instead of the future.

9. wipeyourfeet

News Credits:
    Agreed, though it was still pretty lame. I quite liked the Christmas invasion... *cough*
    Anyways, its good that the UK are ahead of the US for something. Damn them having Heroes, though series two is shown over here next week.

10. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

hey excuse me for not being in the uk. It must be nice to live in the uk area and get to see the new doctor who episodes before us yanks do in the states

11. wipeyourfeet

News Credits:
    You're excused.
    [rant]
    Anyway, we get a handfull of things before you. You get a truckload before us. In transformers terms YOU get all the exclusives. Any MP Starscreams here at retail? No. Any Classics apart from Bumblebee and Rodimus here at retail? No.
    [/rant]

12. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I live in the U.S. as well... That doesn't mean I can't still see the new Doctor Who episodes almost as they air...

13. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Bit Torrent is an impatient fan's best friend.

14. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Click Episodes, and you can stream the latest episode... They keep it up for 7 days before changing.

Anyways... New episode tomorrow, am looking forward to seeing the Ood return.

15. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

im not in the uk darkspeed it won't let me view the latest episodes

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Looks like things are picking up, Planet of the Ood was pretty good and the trailer for next week's UNIT vs Sontaran outing looked decent as well.

17. wipeyourfeet

News Credits:
    Sontaron's FTW.
    Best episode so far, with some ethical issues. Nice.

18. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW... Great episode, and a nice return from one of my favorite aliens in the series; eerily creepy, the whole lot of them. Nice ending to thier story, although I'm sure Russel T. Davis will think of some hairbrained scheme to bring them back in.

CAUTION - Here be spoilers:

So, we finally have an origin for the Ood - A little unexpected, but totally fits their characteristics. You have to feel sorry for them, and the way they've been abused by humanity for nothing but profit. But the way they kill people is so damn creepy... And that gentle voice of theirs really makes your skin crawl.

A very moral episode, and had just the right amount of action to balance it out. Th scene witht he crane in the warehouse was nicely done on a reletivley small budget, although its inclusion was a little forced... "As head of the guard I have a duty, but f*ck it, let's go crazy!"

Halpern was a pretty good villain, just the right amount of greedy and sinister to pull off the "corporate badguy" look. As mentioned, the chief of security was a little too overdone, but got his just deserts in the end.

Donna was less annoying in this episode. I think she's slowly slipping into the role, and I predict she'll be just right by the 2-part finale. I loved her reaction to the Ood's song, just the look on her face was priceless.

Damn, didn't expect that... Sorry about that bud. But try YouTube in the next couple of days, you'll be able to catch the eps before the admin there take them down.

19. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overall a good episode, however Donna was here usual shrill self at the begining.
    Thankfully it faded quickly.

And was it me, but was there two hints of coming episodes?
    Another note about the bee's missing and the Ood mentions that the Doctor's journey ending soon.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Hmm, I thought it was ok, but next episode looks more my speed. This one was a little preachy "slavery is bad, mmmkay".

Also, I just wish Catherine Tate would f*** right off though. Even though she wasn't quite as annoying this episode she's still the same slack jawed mouthy harpy. I keep expectine to hear "face, bovvered?" as she seems incapable of any other style of acting.

And yet again RTD is lacing the series with oh so obvious crayoned in, so bright Ray Charles could see it, foreboding. Who gives a shit about the bees, stop the build up and cut to the story if you're gonna do it so ham handedly.

Gah, just give the whole series to Steven Moffat, he writes the best episodes anyway.