Doctor Who 6/5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabidYak, May 6, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Yet another historical figure vs robots/aliens/monsters episode, but a solid view with no major gripes. Definatly liking Tennant more then Ecclestone now were seeing enougth to get a decent gauge and i'll be able to tolerate Mickey if his annoyance value is more like this episode then any of his previous appearences.

Cybermen next week, let the arse kicking commence.

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah I liked the episode, I think it worked really well, hope the rest of the season is at least as good.

And yes next week freaking cybermen! Ever if they are being lead by trigger from only fools and horses.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found it to be quite an enjoyable episode, though next weeks looks very good.

Alternative realities and the return of the Cybermen in a 2 parter.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I actually thought this episode was pretty lame, too much talk really, not enough action, and the skipping through time every couple of minutes was confusing.

Still, Next week, CYBERMEN!

w00t!!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!

Also, Cybermen are a two-parter.

w00t!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!

5. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing that did annoy me was the inconsistancy with time when looking at it through the window.

Seemed to speed up when it was needed for the story.

Mind you that's not the only time inconsitancy with the show just now. There is Mickey.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I liked the development we got for the Doctor this episode. After last week and the idea that the Doctor could never love someone because he will outlive them, we literally see it happen. Really emotional.

I also liked the line "He's the King of France!" "Yes, but I'm the Lord of Time."

David Tennant is definately settling into the role and bringing a lot of emotion and humour to it. Next week looks good, does anyone else think that maybe, just maybe, this is Mondas?

7. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it is.

From what I know and from the preview clip, it looks like a alt reality as London was shown.

8. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

Good episode overall. The level of emotion bordered on inappropriate, but it provided a chance for Tennant to show his acting chops. I couldn't imagine Eccleston delivering this script - subtlety and nuance were not his strong points.

I never liked the character, and he's still on very thin ice with me, but if they keep him thoroughly in the background then I'll be able to put up with him.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i liked the episode, tennant is becoming a fine doctor.

the doctor has had more irritating companions than micky though

10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was dissaponted that the guy that wrote such an awesome episode as The Empty Child last year could only offer this this year. Nothing against Steven, I met him in LA last February and he's a cool guy and all...
    It had it's good points, but it just wasn't for me. So far the only story out of season 2 I've even really liked has been last weeks. I like Tennant lots more than I liked Eccleston, but I'm not liking this season as much as I liked the last season, last season was dark and serious (in places) and this season seems a little more easy going and more for the kids.

11. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

That may change with the cybermen comming, and yeah I dont think it's mondos but if it isnt from what i read about the end of the season i'm confused how it could happen.

12. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It's clearly not Mondas, it's Earth and Alternate Earth. As for how the later episode could happen, If the Doctor can accidently cross universes, I'd wager when he punches back to Rose's Universe the Cybermen may follow.