doctor who 30/6/07

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wavelength, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Lucy Saxon shot him, maybe he didnt really die, and it was all part of a big escape plan.. via the ring.
    which I hope so.. more John Simm as the The Master please!
    I thought Lucy Saxon always seemed a bit vague and lost, I think its pretty likely she is a timelord..

In the Doctor Who confidential last week they kept mentioning how it was great that the Master was in every story of the 3rd Doctor's 2nd season, I cant help but think that we might get the Master for the whole of season 4.. fighting Sea Devils..

2. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

I don't think, with the new format, the Master being in every episode of a season will work. It only worked before as they were long drawn out serials - which means the Master will have to go through 10 different plans, all lasting 45 minutes each - it wouldn't have the same effect.

You can tell that RTD liked the Delgado Master the most. In fact, RTD seems to only pick story elements for the very first few years. If you notice the "classic connections" bit in the fact file, they almost always seem to only relate to the first 3 doctors. The 80s weren't that bad... were they?

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Another end of series kop out, but this years stuff has been good overall and much better on average then the previous couple.

Anyone see the cartoon thing that was on Saturday morning? The animation was pretty much Doctor Who does ST:TAS, but it was decent otherwise and certainly more entertaining then the worse parts of the series proper.

Not really. Looking at the fact files for this years RTD episodes you've got mentions of The Android Invasion, The Curse of Fenric, The Visitation, TV Movie, The Happiness Patrol, The Leisure Hive, The Deadly Assasin, Logopolis and Castrovalva.

4. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

yeah, i watched the infinate quest as well. seemed ok, but the animation was bad

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I caught the infinate quest, I think it might be cool if we see Baltazar turn up as a villain sometime in the next series.
    (minus Caw or Squawk)

6. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

I stand corrected

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    pwned as usual

8. wavelength

if baltizar would appear, hopefully with his design tweaked to better suit like action, i would like a comment along the lines of where's the girl/martha

9. RabidYak

I would have prefered CBBC to get a few more of those cartoons rather then that Sarah Jane spin off series they are doing, but I suppose i'm too old to be complaining about kids TV and Tennant would probably get the arse if he had to do even more Who then he does already.

On another topic, its going bonkers with the original series DVD releases at the moment. They've just announced a Key to Time set (fully restored and extraed, unlike the US one from a few years ago) and a Time Flight/Arc of Infinity double pack for later in the year. They also seem to be shuffling stuff into the regular releases from years that already have allot of material out already, which smells to me like repackaged series sets in 18-24 months for the folks who won't buy individually.

A load of older releases are being repackaged and flogged for a tenner to try and cash in on the new series as well, so that might be worth a look if anyone is looking for a quick and cheap original series fix. Amazon also have some exclusive sets that are cheaper then buying individually, most notably a Tomb/Invasion/Earthshock box for £30 and 6 Pertwee titles for £38.

10. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Hmm, the promise of boxsets sounds good. But 6 Pertwee? I may have to get that. Some of my first memories of who were Pertwee stuff repeateded on BBC 2...

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Is 'Spearhead from Space' included in the Pertwee sets?
    I loved that story from when I saw back when I was much younger (about 7 I think), repeated on BBC 2.

I was so terrified of the Autons, I had to stop watching for weeks, came back in the middle of the Silurian episodes.

Even to this day, I still have a phobia of shop window dummies, and get really freaked out if I'm in a small area with one.
    That scene of the Auton just wandering around in the Countryside, just made it so surreal, also, the black holes where the eyes should be, *shudders*

12. RabidYak

Latest news, Martha Jones in hot lesbian action (probably)

Heres the link if your after it.

Spearhead is in both the Amazon boxset and the line of £10 repackages, the latter is your best bet if you just want that story since you can get it anywhere and for as little as £8 on the internet. Heres the relavant article from the website.

13. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Cheers for the link Yak...

14. wavelength

hopefully torchwood will have a story this time instead of everybody-fuck-each-other hour

..........no wait its torchwood

15. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

That would be "I Can't Decide", by the Scissor Sisters. I'm a big fan of those guys anyhow, and that song being used in this episode made me like it even more...

...anyway, maybe I'm just easily amused, but I really enjoyed this episode, as much as the first two. Though the second was the best of 'em, I'll grant.

Things like "everybody on Earth think of the Doctor", and the whole "reversing time" bit may be old hat, but at least the framework for making them happen had been set up in earlier episodes, so that made me okay with them.

I dug the Master's refusal to regenerate, basically just to piss off the Doctor, too. Hopefully, Simm's Master will return, however it's done.