Doctor Who - 27/05

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabidYak, May 27, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Doctor encounters faceless hordes with empty brains, just like I do every day of the working week.

Pretty decent episode, found it more interesting then the somewhat average Cybermen story from the last couple of weeks. Strangely enougth, Piper has about the same amount of acting ability without a face then she has with one.

Is that a non-Earth location I saw them on in the next week trailer? Holy shit, its about time.

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I'm jealous. They didn't even show any Dr. Who here yesterday. Sci-fi was is doing a stupid memorial day movie marathon. Why couldn't they have waited until saturday to start it.

Anyway that one sounds creepy. I've always found people with no face scary.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good ep, and yes Yak, it is an non Earth location.

Though do remember that the first episode of this season was on an alien planet.
    Though one that was almost like Earth.

4. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's unrealistic for The Doctor to spend so much time on Earth. Yes it's his favorite planet. Yes his mom was human (unless your one of those fans who are in denial of that). But he has a machine capable of taking him ANYWHERE in all of time and space. And Earth is the only place he decides to go? Usually modern day Earth at that? He's a traveller, not a dweller.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They've sort of got around that, though, by dropping references to other adventures, such as planet Barcalona. Though I myself would love to see some more off-Earth adventures, I guess the Earthly setting was one of the costs of having the Doctor back on screen.

On topic, loved this episode. The shear surrealism of it was great fun, not to mention how the Doctor beat "the Wire".

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Next year supposedly more off world adventures. Bring on the rock quarries! :D 

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I didn't see this episode on saturday, as I was at the Guiness Premiership Finals, so I'll be watching it tonight on BBC3.

Also, next weeks episode:
    'The Impossible Planet' (pt1)

and the week after:
    'The Satan Pit' (pt2)

Are both set on an alien planet.

8. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

And the moral of this week's story is: kill your television, before it hoovers your face off. :lol 

9. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Waaaaaaait, Gallifreyans next episode? Oh god, please let me be right... impossibly old writing, a race of human-like people, presumably aliens, talk of an empire, and trying to tap a black hole?

Now I wait 7 days to either be rather happy, or be slightly disappointed...

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not Gallifreyans.

11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

It's probably the Human Empire. The Doctor has made references to the Human Empire before.

I found it kind of funny how he has that time machine, yet it messes up and instead of taking them to New York, they end up in London. But then again, they obviously don't want to fly the entire production to New York City and film there. Next episode looks good though. Nice to see it set on an alien planet.

12. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Well at least they respect the fact that for all his genius, the Doctor never could pilot the TARDIS just right.... (and sometimes the TARDIS just does what it pleases anyway)

13. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

Decent episode, with a somewhat more interesting historical context than usual.

Next week's episode looks almost Lovecraftian.

14. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mean to be critical, I like the new series just as much as I liked the old in it's own way.... But this episode just wasn't for me. I like David Tennant a lot, I like the 10th Doctor more than I liked the 9th by far, as Tennant's Doctor actually makes me think of the Doctor unlike Eccelston. But I feel this season has been much more child friendly than the first. It's lost it's dark edge and become slightly more light hearted. I loved the Cybermen 2 parter and I liked K9 and Sarah's episode... But this episode just wasn't any good for me.

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'm not bothered by the lighter tone of this series, especially since the average episode quality is up and the amount of piss poor soap opera is down.

16. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

But Doctor Who was always a kids show....

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is true. When I was a kid watching reruns of this show I didn't know that. I just felt that it was a cool scifi show about a weird guy who explored and went on adventures. I felt that it was just a show that wasn't really aimed at anybody in particular and was capable of dragging in people of all ages. Over here it was reran at ten at night on Saturday after most people that were my age at the time would be falling asleep... so I never thought kids show. And then after years and years and finding out that it was a kids show, I was kind of surprised. Then when the new series aired it's first series and I knew it was a kids show, it didn't bother me. This season, it has kids show in big neon letters all up against the screen. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I suppose I'll just get over it because I'm so in love with this show that they'd have to REALLY screw up for me to not watch it.