Doctor Who - 24/06/06. Fear Her

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boardwise, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better than last weeks travesty (though not hard) but still can't top the recent 2 parter.

There were some good points. The Tardis landing the wrong way, the Doctor getting everyone to be quiet by putting there fingers on there lips.

Though again Rose seems to take centre stage towards the end of the episode and laments when the Doctor is not returned with everyone else, only to have him pup up on TV and carry the olympic torch to the podium.

There were more hints of what's to come. Rose lamenting on needing the Doctor and what she would do if he didn't come back, and when he did come back all was right in her world again. Though the Doctor did remind her that nothing last forever.... and seemed proccupied with a coming storm.

And then next weeks trailer.
    The final reveal of Torchwood (though no Captain Jack)
    Ghost appearing in the streets.
    Torchwood taking possesion of the Tardis
    Rose voice over that this would be the last story she would tell, along with the Beast's hint of the vailiant girl who would die in battle.
    Unfortunatly Jackie looks like she'll be popping up.
    And from the looks of it, the Cybermen are escaping from there reality into ours.

But more importantly there is a small sceen where you see someone being shot by an energy weapon.
    A Dalek energy weapon.
    Looks like there coming to this reality as well.

2. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

i'm glad rose is going maybe we can focus on the doctor at last,

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that was a dalek energy weopen by i assume its probably a cybermen or maybe some technology torchwood picked up. i doubt they will bring both the daleks and cybermen in

and nooooooooooooooooooooo i don't want semi attractive female sidekick to die

4. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Semi attractive?
    The only thing she's handy for is opening beer bottles with her overbite.

Man, I miss Red Dwarf :p 

5. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol na not really in fact i think shes one of those girls that in 20 years time will look god awful

as for getting rid of her i see no reason to celebrate we will still get all the family eps but just for the new assistant

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'll complain about it tommorow, I recorded it because it overlapped with the F1 qualifying and I can't be arsed to watch it tonight.

7. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not good enough Yak. Not good enough.

:p 

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I watched it, I honestly believe, the series has just spiralled down since the end of 'the Satan Pit'.
    Still, the whole episode was worth watching just for that teaser trailer bit at the end.
    And yay, the Cybermen finally have their wrist-mounted weapons, time for them to do some damage, and yup, I recognized the distinct sound and look of a Dalek laser beam. This episode looks like it has the potential storyline that could bring all the enemies so far into one huge war.

The Plot Thickens.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

How do you spiral down in 2 episodes? To be honest I actually liked last weeks..... then again I think HP girl is cute...

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This one was much better, though I felt it was still a bit "kiddy" with that guy whinging about the council every three words. That was overdone, he could have complained without sounding like he did.
    The overall story was good though it'll be nothing compared to what is coming next. Cybermen breaking into our reality, Torchwood, and the return of the Daleks! One cool thing, notice how the trailer didn't have any music? That already creates a real feeling of something big happening.

11. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't mind this week's ep too much... it wasn't anywhere near the best of the new series, but it wasn't the worst either. And that trailer... Wooooooooo! Torchwood, Daleks, and the alternate Cybermen crossing over, all leading up to the supposed death of Rose? I am fucking there.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah but the last series and a half were a massive disappointment. If it went back to the Red Dwarf 5 level of writting then hell yeah but it was anything like 8 I would be happy for it to stay dead and leave me with my better memorys of the early shows.

Any way on to Dr Who, it started well but totally lost it about half way, Rose can not die soon enough and I’ll say it again I think the current Doctor is one of the best we’ve ever had, I really really mean that but the stories he’s stuck in, I mean damn I could write better than that when I was 5 years old. I mean ohh it needs love to fly, what the hell. What Disney crap is that! I mean really did no one look at that trash and have the courage to point out it was complete and utter over sweetened garbage.

Please please BBC I love that Dr Who is back and I think we may have one of if not the best Doctor ever on our hands here but for the love of god give the show to some people that can actually write.

13. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those that haven't seen the full trailer (there's a shorter one on the BBC's Doctor Who site) it's up on YouTube

But beware.... spoilers for next week.

14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Got round to watching and it was pretty average, not remarkable in either a good or bad way.

As for next week, let the arse kicking commence.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Fear Her was Ok, contrived though. Alien ship happens to run on love, conviently close enough to the Olympic flame?

The other thing is, there won't be much love for that thing, seeing as how the London Olympics will quite possibly turn into a joke (hmm, Wembley stadium and the Millenium Dome spring to mind here).

Oh yeah, couple that with the businesses that are being turfed out of Stratford means laughs all round. But lets not report that in the news eh? Might upset some people.

16. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Denial is policy.

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone notice that the Doctor was holding a plunger arm at one point in the trailer too? More evidence of Daleks. I want the Dalek vs Cybermen war rumor to be true!

18. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't say that it was a Dalek plunger arm. Looked more like Luigi's ghost vacuum cleaner thing form Luigi's Mansion.

19. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that as far as the atual episode went, the only good thing about it was the part where the Doctor says; "I was a dad once." I LOVED that line.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Haven't gotten around to downloading this one yet, but I have caught the trailer for next week's. Torchwood looks like an annoying bunch of idiots so far. I already hate the blonde chick. Don't know what's going to happen to Rose, but if there's any mercy in Russell T. Davies' heart, he'll at least kill Jackie (mind you, he did write Love & Monsters, so I'm guessing that's a "no" on the mercy).

Extremely disappointed with the Cybermen. Once was fine, but I want the real Cybermen back. The good old gold-allergic, London-invading, Adric-killing, heartless bastards from the original series.

And I also miss Red Dwarf. :(