Doctor Who 22/4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabidYak, Apr 22, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Well that was a significant improvement on last weeks shambles, not to mention that it was unusally good for an RTD episode.

Only major gripe is that the fights looked liked they were edited by somebody with ADHD, but I suppose you can't show much more then they did in a family timeslot.

Next weeks looks decent from the trailer, Sarah Jane back and the guy from the Nescafe adverts doing the villainy.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I really enjoyed this one as well. The werewolf created the right amount of terror and tension. Nice reference to last season with the wolf recognising an element of a wolf in Rose as well (Bad Wolf), plus from the ending I'm guessing it's Torchwood to watch out for this season. We've already seen them in the Christmas Invasion, and doubtless we'll see more. I wonder though, is this where Torchwood originates, or is it something far, far older? Perhaps it's not a coincidence that the house is named Torchwood, but merely that generation's iteration of it. We'll find out in time.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    'Torchwood Institute' also goes back to the question asked to Rose by the 'Anne Droid' in episode 12 of Ecclestones series.

This episode, the opening sequence had me thinking WTF?
    Then as it got further in, it seemed to get a bit better, but it wasnt the best Episode I've seen with Russel T Davies writing the script.
    Still, wont be long till the Cybermen get here, (the main draw of the series for me, like Daleks were the main draw to Ecclestones series for me)

As soon as its on the Market, I intend to buy all the Cyberman stuff, the 5-6 inch figure of the Cyber-Controller and the Cyber-leader, The 12 inch Cyber-controller and 12 inch Cyber-Leader, the room guard (maybe), and If they have a Kick-ass voice, like the first Cybermen, the Voice changer mask.
    If anyone wants to see a picture of the Cyber-leader, I can scan the page from Radio times for them.
    Along with the page explaining their origins.

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Can there be put a spoiler at the top or say whether it's the airing in england or america next time? The US is still on season 1

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Torchwood is actually the name of the Doctor Who spin off that will have Captin Jack in it (And is also a regarengement of the words Doctor Who)

The Torchwood Institute is set up in this Doctor Who episode and interestingly enough a website for it has already went up: http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/index.htm

Also note that under the 'Observatory' link there is a reference to the Butler Institute.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The date in the title will tell you, its on Saturday here and Friday in the US.

7. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

i don't know if this is obvious to others, but TorchWood is an anagram for Doctor Who

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

where's that 'the more you know' slogan when you need it...

9. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Yes, Torchwood is what they used on the film to shift the last season's episodes to the BBC, so none went missing a la Tenth Planet episode 4 when it went to Blue Peter.

10. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *cough*

:D 

11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

There's Doctor Who toys ? I would kill for an army of Cybermen..

12. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I'm rather tired of the "famous historical person thrust into dire, action-filled circumstances" cliché, and the whole werewolf thing is trite as hell, but this episode was still surprisingly decent.

13. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

A friend showed me this and New Earth tonight. Liked both. I'm digging Tenent's Doctor, he's a lot more "level" than the previous Doctor(who I really liked) Looking forward to see how Torchwood unfolds with everything.

EDIT-Spoiler*maybe?*
    Oh and for anyone who hasn't figured out that password to the observatory, its Victoria.

14. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blue Peter did a thing about the old assistant and K9 and they showed some new clips of the current series, some minor and some major spoilers below

MINOR SPOILERS

K9 still features his laser gun in his nose and does use this in the upcoming episode on the creatures that the school children turn into which look abit like the beasts from episode 8 of the new series except alot smaller and agile, you see them jumping through the school and chasing mickie , rose and the doctor

Theres an episode in the new series that looks very pride and prejudice esq with rose in one of those fancy dresses and a bonnet

MAJOR SPOILERS

They showed a couple of scenes of the filming of the cybermen as one of the presenters (gethin Jones) will be playing one , there was several of them sort of walking down a road (think the way zombies do) and in the background there was houses which suggests the cybermen invade earth in some way so i would assume this is filming footage from the last ep

thanks

jason

p.s will try and remember more

15. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I really liked this episode. Really good effects for the Beeb. RTD did good on this one. Easily one of his best.

I hope SciFi picks up series 2 this fall instead of waiting until next year so the folks who don't have access can see them. It's shaping up to be a really great year. Here's hoping #10 stays with us for a quite a while.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Definitely a major improvement on last week. I actually really liked this episode (although I still have no idea why there's a group of martial artist monks in 19th Century Scotland). I loved Rose's ongoing attempts to make Queen Victoria say "We are not amused." :lol  And the reference to Jamie was wonderful.

The set-up for Torchwood is nice. Until this point I'd assumed it was just something Harriet Jones had set up, but this gives it more weight. But if Torchwood has been around for 100+ years, watching out for the Doctor, then why haven't they done anything by now? You think they would have noticed the several hundred times he's been to England since 1897, particularly his extended stay during the Pertwee era. Bit of a plot hole on the new series' part.

I cannot wait for next week's episode. I love the Cybermen and all, but I don't expect anything this season to top the return of Sarah Jane Smith (mercifully without that hideous pink dress from The Five Doctors) and K-9. I'll also be disappointed if the sign on the door next to Anthony Stewart Head in the trailer is just a red herring.

17. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't get your hopes up.
    I believe it's not what you think it is.