doctor who 16/6/07

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wavelength, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

going to watch it now :p  . it sounds yummy.

edit: YES YES YES YES!. BRILLIANT.definately the highlkight of the season , a good cumilation of events, good disguise for the master, unexpected for a 3 parter being in 2 timeframes even the bits wiuth rose were well picked.

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

From what I've read this one is gonna be one hell of a dozy

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ::waits:: woo it's over.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    WHOAH!

This is shaping up-nicely.

Glad to see the angerof being left behind was shown, and the Doctor being disgusted at the very idea of Cap'n Jack.
    The master is one sinister sum-bitch.

Was this part 1 of the final 2-parter finale?

5. Karnage

Karnage Member

Nope, there's 2 more episodes to go..The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords. Last of the Time Lords airs on the 30th of June I believe.

6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

oh that was just ace!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Okay, anyone else want to admit to cheering when the old guy said "I am... the Master!"?

I know I did, I knew this was coming but damn that was awesome. Not completely sold on John Simm as the Master, yet. Seems a bit too energetic and "hyper" compared to what I'm used to, but I've got less than five minutes of him to go on.

I'll see how well he goes next week. He certainly looks the part, though.

I also hope he survives the finale and returns in future. The Master is too good an enemy to only use once, especially since he is the Moriarty to the Doctor's Sherlock Holmes.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    To be fair, if you'd been trapped in a watch for a hell of a long time, you'd have a lot of energy too.
    Also, Tennant's doctor was the same right after regeneration, until he sort of passed-out for a while.

9. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

Even though I knew what was coming, they were all rumours. I was a bit perturbed as to the rumours that were surrounding the episode, but they were done well. very well set up.
    OK, yeh, it was awesome :D 
    2 more eps to go

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa... that was one ride.

I wasn't sure if the reports I had read were true in that The Master would return and the Professor would regenerate into him in this episode, but when he mentioned the sound of drums (the title of next weeks episode) and when he kinda zoned out it was pretty clear where this was heading, and I have to say it was brilliant, although the zoning out on it's own had me thinking that he was trying to hold of some kind of change into whatever was outside.

Never really did find out about Utopia (maybe next week) and the Doctors distaste of Captain Jack was handled well.

When the Professor was about to open the watch I was sure I heard a bit of the old Master's laugh, and I liked how Martha recognised the new voice which means she'll point them in the right direction of where to catch up with him.

Though The Master stealing The Doctors TARDIS was excellent and then going and ending on a cliffhanger...

Defiantly one of the better episodes, lets hope the next two can keep it up.

11. deathsheadx

my prediction for how the doc gets back:

they're getting back via captain jacks thingamy the one he used last time round

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Good call, I forgot about that. Question is, A) it's broken, B) it's unpredictable.

Who knows where they'll end up?

Definately heard a montage of various Master clips and his old laugh at one point. Wonder if they will address the fact that he's on regeneration 16 or so now? Judging by how the hand in the jar looked withered and aged when he'd finished regenerating, I'd guess this time he used some of the Doctor's lifeforce, locked up in that preserved, newly-regenerated hand to effect his own regeneration. Perhaps that means he's actually the Doctor now as well, making him and the Doctor one and the same? Hence the Doctor could be the Last Time Lord, but there still being the two of them.

Don't know about that though, I'll have to find out post Botcon.

13. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

I definately heard Ainley's laugh, and Delgado's "Give your power to meeeeeee"

14. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Well, let's see...

To Capt. Harkness: The award for most idiotic method of time travel this side of jumping tardises on a tea trolley.

To the future kind: And you where there because...?

To the survivors: good luck. Pity Utopia translates, literally, as 'no place'.

To Prof. Yana: When a pocket watch starts laughing like that, it is a very bad idea to open it.

To The Doctor: um...I'd think quickly, if I were you.

Mr Davies, I take my hat off to you. You did that brilliantly. From the moment the Professor started hearing drums, I knew something was up and things went rapidly downhill for our heroes, all while they were saving everyone. The slow build up, from the Doctor's words reverberating to the full on evil whispering, was excellent. The poor, kindly gentleman turning round and something truely terrible coming back the other way...brrr!

"Killed by an insect" indeed! Who knows when, where or how he got a new timelord body but he has and he's back.

John Simm stole that scene. Heck, both he a Tennant did. This is the first time we've seen the Master post-regeneration, remember, so the hyperactivity was most fitting, as was the whole "I'll just stand here and tell you my plans so you can find a way to stop me...I don't think!" Imagine spending goodness knows how long in a watch and then waking up, bursting with post-regenerative energy and finding you're holding every card imaginable! I'd get a bit giddy as well. Next week almost looks like a Master stand-alone...with definite UNIT appearances, as well!

At this point, I'm practically bouncing off the ceiling!

15. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was thinking as well

16. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    woa

woa am so confused, how did the old man end up with the watch, how did the master come to be in the watch, how did the watch travel so far into the futre

can anyone help?

17. deathsheadx

this episode made my week after some sh*tty problems to get an episode so full of awesome...

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you see "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood" a few weeks ago? The process is explained there, when the Doctor underwent it himself. The old man IS the Master - he's had his biology and mind re-written to become human, with his true nature and energy sealed up in the wach. Whether he did it himself, to escape the Time War, or if he had it done to him, however, remains to be seen.

19. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh right cheers, so is it the same watch? or just another one?

sos for all the ?'s guys, i also thought the last we saw of the master was him being sucked into the tardis or something like that in the movie, i wonder how he got there

20. deathsheadx

its probably another one