doctor who 14/4/07

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wavelength, Apr 14, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

the new new york one. not much action but still a good quality episode. i like. next week is space pigs, darleks and pre war america. beware the motorway :wink: 

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Missed the first few minutes, but overall nothing much happened yet is did managed to pass the time without dragging.

Part of what I got from it is the Doctor has been lying to Martha and finally she had enough of it and got the truth of what happened out of him (Time War, Death of Gallifrey, etc.,)

More importantly, the Face of Boe fulfilled his promise from last year and parted his great secret. Spoilers for those who do not want to know: [ The Doctor isn't alone, and I don't think he was refering to Martha. Looks like another Time Lord survived.... The Master perhaps? ]

Still next week the Daleks are back and running round New York city in the 1930's
    Though it was interesting to here The Doctors last voice over.
    They keep surviving while he loses everything.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got mixed feelings about this episode. On the one hand, I enjoyed the ending, the reason for the Motorway being what it was, the return of the Macra (an old Second Doctor villain, loved the reference!). I just feel it took a little too long to get to that point. The story was good, I just think the first fifteen or so minutes was a little lacking.

And I so totally knew the Face was going to say that.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Also, the Macra were just left down there, I was expecting him to go down and whoop some Macra butt!

This was overall a really slow episode, and next week looks pretty poor until the Daleks get revealed.

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think everyone did :p 

6. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Yeah. All my friends and I have thought this since the Face of Boe said he had something to tell the Doctor.

And the Macra were seriously in this ep? They'd been rumoured to be in one of the last episodes... heh.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It was the Macra all right, also Ardal O'Hanlan (From "My hero") as a cat person, with a human wife and "interesting" children. Also can't forget Ancient Lesbians!

I really enjoyed the episode.

8. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

New New York and a character named Branigan? I was expecting Bender and Fry to show up.

9. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

that was certainly a different episode. Never thought I'd ever see a tv show do an episode where the whole set is nothing but a traffic jam.

But a fun episode none the less and also the thing the face of boe said according to what was said on confidential was true and also not at the same time. Certainly adds more evidence that it's the master in my opnion

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    So far this season is a massive improvement on the last one, which in turn was a massive improvement on the one before. I can actually watch an episode now without cringing at chavtastic assistants, for a start. Also, the wiriting just seems to be of a much higher quality than the previous 2 seasons. So far, so good.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's funny, this episode just didn't really appeal to me. I think it was because it felt too much like "THIS IS SOCIAL COMMENTARY!" episode, and because there wasn't a whole lot of strength to the story as it was.

The Face of Boe was a joy to see, Martha at the end was great, and so was The Doctor.

Next week looks like fun.

12. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

THAT'S where I'd heard his voice before? The name meant nothing to me, but the voice was dredging up memories... just couldn't place it to save my life.

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I loved how "American" this episode was, from the two ill-fated drivers in the pre-credits pulled straight out of American Gothic, to the siging of The Old Rugged Cross, a traditional and extremely sentimental American hymn about not giving up hope and staying the course.

I will miss the Face of Boe :( 

14. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

i like the fact that this was a bit of a social commentry, not just on how we just do things without thinking e.g. going onto the motorway when walking would be quicker (the episode motorways) and the drugs in the form of emotions. also how blind we are to dangers and so trusting, like the bliss emotion. but it also showed that humans had good qualitys, with the singing and the community and how they were left to rebuild humanity, the people with the kindest hearts, the ones who have been through the hyardest times.

or maybe i am thinking way too much about this :)