Doctor Who 10/6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabidYak, Jun 10, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

More Devil FTW.

Decent continuation to last weeks great episode, definatly the highlight of this series so far and a much better use of multiple episodes then the Cybermen mediocrity.

Can't say that next weeks looks all that good from the trailer, althougth it can't be any worse then the turd that followed last years good two parter.

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure it's very possible.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I enjoyed this one, nice bit of psychology and suspense. Good to see Rose taking charge without the Doctor, his personality is starting to rub off on her obviously. The scene in the air vents reminded me of Alien a lot, for obvious reasons. And the Devil at the end - awesome special effect. I wonder, the whole story of his origins, could this guy also be Unicron? He's got more than a little in common with the whole "existance from before time" story.

Next weeks, I wonder if this is Torchwood making their big move? It certainly looks like theres some sort of clandestine organisation with an interest in the Doctor making a move at any rate.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed this one. So far the series has been riding high in my expectations.

The Devil was protrayed well and I loved the bit when the Doctor figured out that the beast has shifted it's intelegance to another body.

Next weeks looks like it's back to the usual, though I can see why they are back to Earth. After this 2 parter Rose would probably what to go somewhere safe. Just wish they didn't have to run back to Earth everytime something bad happened.

Oh and one final thing.
    What the Beast said about Rose. A hint of things to come?

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Perhap's they will kill Rose off at the end of the last 2 episode's of the series, only to have the Doctor sacrifice another of his lives to save her.
    It is definately all starting to add up to the stuff I found on IMDB a couple weeks back.
    Perhap's Torchwood will play a significant part as the last two episodes are supposed to be:
    'An All Out War On Earth'

Also, there will be another Christmas Special this year according to the BBC, who also confirmed that there will be a couple of 'Old Faces' returning for episodes 12 + 13.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    David Tennat is signed on for another series, and I'm sure the Billie Piper has also.

7. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    ...I feel so behind. :redface2:  I'm way over here in the States and we just finished the first season on TV.

I have loved season one.... :D  I canna wait until the 4th of July to pick it up on DVD.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Last I heard, Billie is signed on for part of season three, but not all of it. So unless things have changed, it looks like Rose will be leaving next season and, God willing, her mother will be gone with her.

I just hope (likely in vain) that the next companion won't have a huge supporting cast, too.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

That's what Bit Torrent is for.

Great episode this week, that was one awesome looking devil. Unfortunetly whoever was recording it stopped it before the preview so I have no idea what next weeks will be like. From what you guys have said though about it being on Earth, guess I won't get too excited.

Wish they'd stop making all these Torchwood references though.

10. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Torchwood starts airing in the uK in autumn after the current series of doctor who ends with Captain Jack Hawkness as the main star so you can safely assume the final episode of the season invloves torchwood being unveiled captain jack returning and mickey and the cybermen coming back to our universe, probably due to a mistake by torchwood screwing around with technology

old faces obviousely refers to the face of boe and that message he has for the doctor i suppose he'll tell the doctor how to defeat the cybermen

As for the earth episodes i don't mind them and alot of them haven't been to bad, and i do think its necersary for the younger audiences and for some characterisation

11. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I was actually watching a Pertwee episode, part 3 of "The Sea Devils," right before this so it was a bit disorienting. I was glad that they preserved the mystique of the Beast by not revealing its origins, as I felt this gave the episode a more classically dramatic feel.

I'm also enjoying Tennant's quiet, introspective scenes, like the one with Ida by the pit. Part of it is the writing, but he's undoubtedly brought more depth to the Doctor than Eccleston did.

The overall quality of this season has been enough of an improvement that I'm less skeptical now, although nothing can stop me from cringing when catching flashes of Rose's terrestrial affiliates in trailers.

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing that dissapoints me is that this 2 parter spoiled me with alien planet stuff, it felt more like the Who I remembered. Now we're going to Earth with a scene where Jackie is doing laundry. Bleh. If I were an alien being out to explore the entire universe, I certainly wouldn't continue coming back to modern day Earth every other if not every trip.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Best part is that it looked like we had some rock quarry action. Great two parter. The oode were pretty damn creepy. Next week looks interesting as well.

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Damnit I want ice Warriors and Chelonians, I want The TIME Lords back so he can some really crazy places again....