DOA 4, The Greatest Fighter of Our Time

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by strscrm, Jul 29, 2006.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Only for the Xbox 360 this fighter is the greatest fighting in well over 10 years, which includes Super Smash Bros. Melee. Not since Street Fighter 2 has the genre been graced with such a magnificant fighter. The only drawbacks that I have about the game are as follows:

*Not enough perilous, dangerous arenas

*only 2 Aerosmith songs, there needs to be much much more

*pre-rendered CGI cinema scene should tell a better story

Such a gem that the Xbox 360 has on its hands, it can't get much better than this, that is unless they plan to release a DOA 5...

2. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I still think Tekken 2 is the best. :confused2 

3. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I've played it, and IMO the only reason to get a 360. I'm not bashing the system, it's just the only game I like. But yeah, I love this game.
    I have to go to my friends house across the city if I want to play it :( 

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Prehaps the best 3-D fighter but I'll take 2-D fighters any day of the week

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It's not that good. Not even close.

I like bewbs though.

6. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    I was just going along I've never played it personally. I really don't like 3-D Fighters, though I did like Tekken 2

7. honestgabe

honestgabe I

DOA G.O.A.T? Nah. DOA is a cool franchise, but its not a balanced 3-d fighter by any means. The best 3-d fighter is Virtua Fighter 4 and once 5 is released it will take the title.

8. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Soul Caliber 2 was also a great 3D Fighter as well, but in the current generation DOA4 is probably the 3D Fighter to beat at this point.

Of course Capcom pretty much owns the 2D Fighter segment.

9. McBradders

You seem to have Capcom confused with SNK there.

10. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Sammy is trying for that crown as well, and if their deal to License Street Fighter from Capcom goes through they might have a chance. Considering that most of the former Street Fighter team works for Sammy now with Sammy's Atomiswave hardware and the Guilty Gear Graphics Engine we could see a Street Fighter that we should have had 10 years ago.

11. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Meh...they are both pretty interchangable to me, but 2D fighters have always pretty much been a button-mash-fest to begin with anyway.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Best in the last 10 years? I'll take A2 and 3S thanks.

Never been into SNK stuff, but i'll admit that MOTW and a couple of the Shodown games roxxored.

In which parallel dimention would this be?

13. McBradders

Quoted for absoloute truth.

Case in point, my girlfriend often kicks people who, you know, actually know how to play DOA4 just by mashing buttons.

That would *never* happen in a 2D fighter.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay for starters this game is not the Greatest Fighter of Our Time. It's nowhere near that, not to say it isn't a good game. Though it has some major flaws, for starters the computer controlled characters have a counter window a mile wide letting them do as they wish. While you on the other hand have a tiny one where if you miss, you miss big time. My other problem is the physics of this game, breasts really don't bounce that way neither can people jump as high as those ninja characters can. Oh and let's not forget the fact that Jan Lee does a flying dragon kick on T-Rex; how much sense does that make?! If they wanted to go for a really great realistic 3D game then shouldn't make such things suspencion of belief. I have a serious issue with the inclusion of the Spartan, starting with the fact it's basically a rip of a Halo; okay, I kid obvious it's based not acutally since it had to be rigged completely different. However, the character is supposed to be female but completely lacks any female characteristics. She doesn't fight like a girl, walk like a girl, but she does have a female voice actor. The game still lacks a lot of customization features that were in Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 5 which were really nice add ons. The ending cinematics usually have no relevance to any story, though they are pretty it does seem like it's pointless to play through story mode.

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

*snicker* Best ? Yeah right. Maybe the best (and only) fighting game on the 360, but it can barely hold a candle to anything else on any other console.

DOA is a button mashers best friend.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Aren’t you the guy that just told me the other day DOA4 was the 360’s Halo2?

17. McBradders

Only because like, 3 of us have it. I didn't mean it was anything like as good as the actual Halo 2. I'm not totally demented you know.

And Omega Supreme:

1. It's suspension of disbeleif. A huge portion of videogames, books, comics, movies, cartoons, tv shows all work off that very basis. IE Sit back and enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment. Scrutinise it too much and it becomes... unenjoyable.

2. Spartan's are both male and female. The Armour is made one size fits all, and 458 is in canon with the Halo universe. Bungie.net has the details and story on their site. It's a fully approved appearance.

Unless your post was a joke :mad 

18. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For starters, I meant to say the character model looks like a direct rip from Halo 2. Though I said I was kidding about that because obviously the rigging for DOA 4 is extensively different. However, I am extremely disappointed to see that Bungie was far too lazy to make an actual female Spartan armor. It's just a cheap excuse so they don't have to do any more design more, and that future Spartans in the games just have to be pallette swaps instead of unique characters. My other complaint is the fact Nicole/Spartan-458 completely lacks any feminine features. She doesn't walk like a girl, fight like a girl, and only talks like a girl. In my eyes Spartan-458 would be no different than Master Chief having a sex change; which is why she's "lovingly" known as Mistress Chief at my school. Bottom line is the female Spartan is really a joke character who has no story really, or relevance in the game except as a cheap plug for Halo.

19. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

What school do you go to?

20. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Savannah College of Art and Design, we have our own Fighting Games Club called QCF or Quater Circle Forward.