Do your Vehicons have personality chips?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Feb 22, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well first off, +rep to anyone who gets the thread title. Secondly, and while it's been established that the Vehicons (at least some of em) have their said personality chips, do they have sparks? If so, where do Megatron & friends get em from, and do you think this'll be addressed in the next season?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What I like to believe is that the Vehicons have sparks, but ones that were artificially manufactured as opposed to being created via whatever natural process that brings actual TF sparks into being. Hence, the Vehicons are, in fact, 'alive' and 'conscious', but do not have the full gamut of emotional and mental qualities that make their actual TF counterparts fully 'human' (or 'Cybertronian' if you will), on account of their sparks being ersatz examples of such. Subsequent events may, of course, prove me wrong.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I think some of em have been shown to have personalities (aka, things non essential to instinct & their duties such as the one who wants to bone or rather get boned by Airachnid), but there also looks to be multiple kinds of Vehicons, namely in the case of classes & which ones Optimus Prime deems fit to slag. Granted, this could simply be a case of fighting the soldiers instead of the women & children of sorts, but maybe there's something to it.

Also, and this could come back to/involve your theory of artificial sparks, but maybe they're linked in some sort of collective (likely controlled in part by a parent mind such as Soundwave), rather than existing as complete individuals?

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A Vehicon who wants to bone Airachnid? I must've missed that one, lol. Maybe the longer a Vehicon has been kicking around, the more 'human' (again, 'Cybertronian' if you will) its primitive Spark becomes - an effect perhaps unforseen by their creator (presumably Megatron). That might explain why some Vehicons display more of a personality than others do. If so, it would be interesting to see just how developed these 'advanced' Vehicons become, and what they might do with their burgeoning free will.

I don't think developments to date support the existence of a hivemind. They seem somewhat more autonomous than that. What I won't rule out, however, is that a controlling individual such as Soundwave may be capable of viewing the world through their eyes. I'd go so far as to extrapolate that the Vehicons themselves are unaware that they are being used in such a fashion. As for Soundwave being able to out and out manipulate like puppets on strings, I'm leaning towards 'not really'. The Vehicons would have displayed far higher efficiency if Soundwave could directly influence them, plus such a phenomenon would preclude the requirement to issue them orders, which we see Starscream et al regularly doing.

5. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I was going to do some painting to differentiate some of them, as described
    here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-tf-prime-eradicon-commander-torvek-crew.html

But then they became poseable gold....

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Such a pity you've apparently shut down this effort. As a StarCom fan, I would've totally supported such a project.

Funny you should make the Robot Drone comparison, in light of the speculation I made about higher ranking Cons being able to use the Vehicons as 'eyes and ears'. If I recall correctly, Emperor Dark did that very thing with his Drone army.

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've just been thinking of them as being similar to Stormtroopers: a bunch of individuals wearing the same identical "uniform". They'd have probably gotten a new, more unique chassis following a promotion to a higher caste/position in the Decepticon army. However with Cybertron having gone dark, they're stuck with the same mass-produced body.

Stronger, Faster: Breakdown's briefly seen chatting with one of the Miner 'Cons about Airachnid.

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vehicons alternate mode is the plane mode,looks like we will be looking forward to that

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The Well of Allsparks. They are ordinary Cybertronians. The animators just animate them with the same body to save time and effort instead of designing 200 new character models every time a new guy turns up in the background for five seconds.

Imagine if a film was filming in a street and they needed random people to pass by but the film crew have to build those people. Why build tons of different bodies when they're just going to appear once, for a few seconds. They're still meant to be different people but the film crew give them all identical bodies to save time and effort designing tons of different ones. That is the case of the Vehicons. They're meant to be individuals but are animated with identical bodies to save time.

10. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    This is pretty much my thinking about it.

Personality chips? maybe. I personally think it's more how each unit's A.I. has adapted to the experience's that each drone has been subjected to. I.e some will have more combat experience, some more technical (ship operations) experiance.

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reference to the title: *Vehicon immediately starts running away, arms flailing* :lol  love ReBoot.

Well, I'd say they do, remember the smartass Vehicon Ratchet interrogated in Stronger, Faster? No where near the puddy patrol if you ask me. They could be bots who followed Megatron before the war broke out on Cybertron.

jD001

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I really would like at least one Vehicon to become a recurring character, with a personality and everything. Possibly a unique, but not completely different paintjob. Still black and purple, but different.

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I really like the idea that Vehicons get 'promoted' into named Decepticons. They're fully alive, fully intelligent, with full personalities, but until they distinguish themselves in battle, they're functionally identical (after all, to someone like Megatron, someone who hasn't stood out from the ranks is essentially cannon fodder, so they don't deserve individuality until they earn it. Seems perfectly Decepticon thinking to me.) They make a name for themselves, they get named and upgraded. Perhaps there's a hierachy: Vehicons promoted to the Jet version (Seekers? Eradicons?), and then to a Decepticon proper. And then you get 'cons like Knockout who miss driving around and having wheels, so 'downgrade' to a wheeled ground vehicle, earning sneers from the elite decepticon flyers. Sort of like a knight who decides to sod the horses and get stuck in leading a mob of peasants would get laughed at by his mates. :lol 

It makes sense to me, and I'm keeping it until proven otherwise. :D 

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    So like a Vehicon general?

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... exactly. Beast Machines had that right, at least. And with designs that awesome, it would be a waste.

16. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

In my personal fandom. there is only 1 vehicon and all the vehicons you actually see are quasi clones of this main guy. they're all connected to him too. Thats why some of the vehicon drones have personalities. Those vehicons, for whatever reason, have more of the originators actual personality and stuff inside of him, while others dont. Think sunstreaker from IDW if you don't understand where my mind is going.

17. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I do think of them as being somewhat similar to the clones featured in the Star Wars universe. I think it's specifically in the their programming (not necessarily in the sparks) to be obedient and follow orders as soldiers. When the show first stared, I thought that maybe they didn't have sparks (like in Beast Machines).

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Pretty much how I imagine it being as well.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm thinking Nachtsider's idea.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    This is my own theory, and is actually one I developed independently as well for some of my own stuff where I have a bunch of generic troopers. It certainly does fit the Decepticon mindset.