Do your children have lots of toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Dec 9, 2012.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Mar 29, 2005
    News Credits:
    When I first started buying TFs it didn't really matter, my older son and I both wanted TFs, and I bought the toys and we shared. At that time the younger son was only 2, so I only had to buy a Matchbox Car for him and everyone was happy.
    As the second son got older and got into Star Wars, it became apparent that it didn't work anymore. During that time I started importing toys more, and I always made sure there were some SW figures in the parcel as well as TFs. That's until he turned 5 or so.

Now both my sons generally have to buy toys with tier own money. We give them $15 fortnight (granted they do their chores and keep their room tidy) and the older one is saving for a mobile phone.

I said "generally" because I still help them out with toys sometimes. For example, a Star Wars figure or a basic Lego set costs slightly over $15 here. When the sons find some "hot" item at the shop and a bit short of money, I give them a couple of dollars. That's another thing about me being into toys...I know the toy they want may not be there by the time they save up. Some figures are short-packed....I guess I'm still spoiling them :redface2: 

jametron - congrats!!!
  2. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Mar 4, 2005
    My sons already have lots of toys including all of the Rescue Bots line. They have lots of Duplo blocks (not old enough for real Lego yet) and various trains. I probably buy them more toys than they need because I had lots of toys when I was younger and also like to see my kids enjoying them.

I also have lots of stuff for when they are older. I plan to let them play with my Lego collection (over 100,000 pieces), my modern GI Joes if they like them, and some of the TF collection.