Do you Watch Only the Movies, TV Shows OR BOTH?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 25, 2011.

?

Films, SHows or both

1. I Only Watch the Films!

5.5%
  2. I Only Watch the Show!

8.3%
  3. I watch Both!

81.7%
  4. i Dont Watch the shows And Films im Just a Collector (or something else)

4.6%
  1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's like eating French Fries, you cant only have one piece of the entire meal.

2. AndreaPrime101

AndreaPrime101 AP101

You're welcome. :) 

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My primary focus is collecting the toys, but I do enjoy watching the movies and TV shows, as well. However, I haven't found TF: Prime very interesting, to the point I'm ~5 episodes behind watching it, so I may not stick with watching the current cartoon for much longer.

I used to read the comics, and still enjoy my old Marvel TPBs, DW stuff and early IDW books, but IDW has mishandled the franchise so badly that I don't read their current TF comics.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    G1 - I enjoy the good old cheesy 80's fun.
    Beast Wars - positively perfect show.
    Beast Machines - initially a jarring change of tone and characters, and lack of humor through out. But I appreciate the deeper writing and even better voices and animation.
    Animated - another perfect show, very memorable characters, and really unfair Cartoon Network didn't promote it at all bar once in ten blue moons. Hell CN is like that to tons of shows. I digress, the best TF show of the 2000's.
    Prime - epic, masterful series with top notch animation and voices... But at the cost of really any original characters. All of the characters bar Knock Out have been seen before, even the humans. But the epic action, script, animation, and voices more then make up for what really isn't too bad of an issue.

The first film was great. Barely any focus on the robots bar a few magnificent scenes with Prime and the Autobots. But it succeeds with good humor and fun, and really cool VFX.
    Revenge of the Fallen was... Well, decent. Prime is a badass, Megatron and Starscream interaction is brilliant. Epic battles. But once again, no focus on robots, just nameless silent killin machines. The Fallen is the main villain but gets little screen time. Some jokes get me to laugh, but it feels like Epic Movie or something. Skids and Mudflap don't seem racist to me, but they hog all the screentime, angering me while the other Autobots are background cardboard cutouts. As well, it did indeed feel too rushed as others said back then.

Since I nearly missed Animated by initially rejecting it, I decided to give each new series a chance. As well, I can't really bring myself to quit on my favorite franchise after DOTM comes out. I love this franchise, movies and shows, and I'm not sticking to one thing and one thing only.

5. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

I watch both, I love Transformers and watch it whenever I get the chance to, probobly will watch some in a few minutes

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As there was no "I only read the comics" option, I had to choose "other" - but, yeah, I just read the comics; obviously I'll get around to seeing the movies, but only saw Movie 1 at the cinema, waited nearly two years to see #2 and am not in a massive rush to see #3.

7. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I um. I've watched the movies. I've never watched the shows in entirety. I guess I watched 90% of Beast Machines and Armada. Didn't catch a single whole episode of RID, got sick of Cybertron, and Energon was shown like every morning. Have seen 1 episode of G1 a million years ago in '95, missed most of Animated unless I was up at 6, and haven't seen any Prime episodes because I don't have the channel.

But I would love to watch all of G1. I love lame 80's cartoons. The 86' movie I thought was...effing amazing despite the fact I watched it in 2010.