Do you want Hasbro to release MP-04's trailer here?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep. A lot of us already have either the hasbro MP Prime or Takara MP Prime. Being that is so, would you want hasbro to bring over the trailer from MP-04 and sell it as a seperate piece here in the states?

I sure as hell do! I wouldn't want to import MP-04 just for the trailer. Plus I think it would save money for those of us who already do have MP Prime, that want a trailer, but don't want to import it from overseas.

Plus it could be a retailer exclusive or something. Or maybe through HTS then TRU, much like how the gijoe DTC system worked out.

Or mass retail placed right next to the Classics endcaps/displays in the store aisles.

Discuss!

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I originally was gung-ho for a trailer for ol' Op. But then I looked at all of the trailers I have sitting in a storage bin. I don't think I would ever display him in truck mode. He looks too damn good as a bot.

So my vote is I don't really care one way or the other.

3. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

I would buy one in a heartbeat.........just not with another prime.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I don't really care, as I wouldn't buy one if they did. Unless it combines with Optimus, all a trailer is good for is sitting around and gathering dust. I've already got stuff that does that.

5. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

I wish that Takara and/or Hasbro would release the Trailer seperately as well, but also with Roller.

Would save me a hell of a lot of money since I already have a Masterpiece Prime(as well as Magnus and 20th).

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personaly not that interested in a trailer. I didn't care when I bought 20th prime and still don't.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well i probably wouldnt buy it. I already have the justitoys one and it is good enough. The trailers always just sit around anyway. Never transform them. The one I have is good enough.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm happy enough with the Justitoys trailer I bought for my 20th. My New "Roller" is an Alternator Smokescreen.:lol  :lol 

9. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

I'd buy it. Especially if they intend to bring MP Ultra Magnus to the States with a trailer. At this point, though, I don't think we even have confirmation that we'll get MP Starscream over on this side of the pond.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think a problem is, unless its some kind of low production (and thus expensive) exclusive deal with online retailers and HTS, it just wouldn't be sellable at retail.

What retailer would flog large expensive plastic containers that need another toy to complete? Even a more desirable-looking (for the average consumer and retailer) complete Prime + Trailer set would be way too expensive for retail.

And chances are, following the trend of US collectors for the past several years, people would just wait for the 'inevitable' clearance sale.

Hasbro was right - 'Its just a box'.

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I cant see myself just buyin the trailer, if MpOP had come with it in the beginning then yes i would have dish out the extra cash for it, but now that i have had MpOP without one for a while now, it doesn't bother me if i have it or not.

12. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    I'm getting a trailer from either Hasbro or TakTomy. Whatever is cheaper, will be getting my money.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    KYOO EFF TEE!!

14. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I could see it being something Hasbro sold online, or as a club exclusive, but I can't see a store release. Honestly, its just a plastic box.

On the other hand, at a convention fans would probably eat it up, if only because it would then be an exclusive/hard to find item, not available to the greater public. The mold already exists, so a small production run for collectors wouldn't be out of the question.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Honestly, us foriegners see US collectors say 'I'd pay X amount for that toy if they make it!'. but then when its released, people say 'I'll wait for Walmart/Target to clearance it, as they're bound to do so when nobody buys it!'

This is particularly bad in lines like SW. Gives Hasbro no real reason to do new, large, expensive collector-oriented pieces, since so few actually buy them at retail prices. Having a personal budget for toys is understandable these days with a higher cost of living... just don't start demanding for things you won't buy anyway.

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I'd love it if Hasbro brought it out here. Prime doesn't look the same without his trailer!

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I iffy on this one. If it was sold without prime I would possibly buy one but the price factor would come into play also.

18. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I agree 100% about the retail thing...... and after a certain incident, i have strong reservations about annother HTS exclusive too.

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

nope, I'm all set. once I saw that the new taktomy one only came with roller as part of the club exclusive, I jumped on one of the opening ones made by dalianjj that someone was selling here on junkion.

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Damn right I would! That would be the only reason I would have for plunking down more $$ for another MP/Anniversary Prime. If he comes with a trailer I'll probably get him; if not, I'll have to pass.