Do you want Bay back for TF6? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chris James, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you want Bay back for TF6?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Hell no!

118 vote(s)
    54.6%
  4. Not sure....

17 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been asked before with every sequel, but yes or no, who wants Bay back for TF6? I know there's the potential for TF6 to be a reboot given how badly TLK is doing domestically but let's assume TF6 does happen.

I'd have to vote no. While I enjoy a lot of the elements that Bay has brought to the franchise, this is undoubtedly the movieverse's darkest hour. Following AOE, the Bayverse could not survive another ROTF/AOE review disaster and now there's just too much negativity surrounding the franchise among the general movie going audience and all the online film junkies. All of that negativity would be sure to follow if Bay returns for a TF6 which would doom anticipation for that film. To compare things, I'm lovin' the vibe and positivity that I'm feeling for the Bee spin-off.

While I'd love to see Bay deliver a TF film that everyone can get behind, the fact is that in 3 outta his last 4 attempts, he's made films that many consider to be the worst films of all-time. I'm not a selfish fan, I want a movie everyone will enjoy. The only way I'd be somewhat okay with Bay coming back is if TF6 was confirmed to be the last in this universe. If it isn't the case, he's had his time and it's time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Bay is the reason why I even found out about transformers back in 07 and provided me with 5 enjoyable films and made me love transformers. But his work is done. It's a shame that he wasn't given good writers. Because I think he could've made Marvel level films.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said this a few times now but I'm saying this many times more-

Transformers 6 - Directed by J.J. Abrams, Produced by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg, Screenplay by J.J. Abrams and whoever from the writer's room, coming June, 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

yes, bay can't go out like this, complete the double-trilogy

5. Vidikron

Vidikron Well-Known Member

This movie is crammed full of plot holes, continuity errors, and stuff that simply doesn't make sense. Bay is never going to salvage the mess he has made. I'd obviously like Transformers to continue in the movies one way or another, but preferably without Bay at the helm.

6. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    I'm not sure, but I think, I want to see Bay's take on Unicron.

7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I would actually love to see him back..I love what he did with this series..he's my favorite and everything and I'm eternally grateful but the answer is no just because of the negativity..the box office numbers will increase just because the name of the director will not be Michael Bay..I would like him to return but if the survival of the series he created requires this then I'm fine with someone else taking the tourch.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course not.

9. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly i don't want to see the same Transformers movie again, rather have a different director who can shape up these movies someone like J.J Abrams Or Joss Whedon. Literally like 1 hour and 30 minutes of the movie was focused too much on the Humans. It got boring then 30 minutes of the final battle.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just voted no, not hell no. I don't hate the guy but TLK solidified that there's just nothing left for him to give the brand. We need someone new.

• Like Like x 4
  11. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    TLK disappointed me to no bounds. With a whole handful of writers, the execution of this plot was just outright horrible. So count me in on "Hell no". I've defended the previous titles knowing they're insanely flawed. But this one really opened my eyes that we really need another director to tackle these movies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'm a firm supporter that this Movie-verse does have a great story and timeline, and it will show.

But not with Michael Bay.

I don't want to be mean and I do enjoy these movies, but I'm a little tired of the same thing over and over now, he's not the type of director to try something new in terms of story telling. He focuses all of his efforts on the bloody battles. Though even they sometimes suck. TLK's battles were so short-lived and most of them were complete in the TV spots. TLK felt like it was going to be good... The editing sucked, it rushed the film, felt a little all over the place. I did like it though. I bet that script was solid until he hacked away at it.
    For TF6 to do better it needs someone else's name on the top.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Hell no. He should have stepped out after DOTM. Even the guy himself is tired of doing them. The only reason he still comes back is because of giant sacks of money and the promise to do the smaller scale films he wants to do. We need new blood, which osis one reason i am excited for the Bumblebee movie. Travis Knight is the polar opposite for Bay. And I am really curious to see what he will bring to the table. And honestly? A reboot wouldn't hurt either because the movie verse is just a mess. Building a cinematic universe up from that instead of working from a clean slate is just asking for trouble.

14. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I voted "no." Michael Bay is awesome and he is my favorite director. That being said, I think he's burned out on Transformers. There comes a point when you can get creatively dry after doing the same thing for a long time.

13 Hours was one of my favorite movies of 2016. He just needs to get back to doing stuff outside of Transformers.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no. He's done five of them, time to get in some new blood.

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted Yes, but on second thought, my feelings are pretty much this. TLK had promise but dragged in many places, especially (And shockingly) in the battle scenes. If Bay is bored with the franchise- which is totally fine, he's busted his ass on 5 of them- then he should give it a rest.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given what J.J did with Star Wars, I think he'd bring a lot of positive feelings to the franchise for a lot of general public.

Given how he's previously worked for Paramount,I don't think Abrams is out of the question, even for the current Bayverse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i loved lost but i thought the force awakens was worse than the worst transformers by far...my god it was terrible so jj may not be the answer

• Like Like x 2
  19. Energone

Energone Active Member

I voted no.

I don't think any other movie adaptation or adapted continuity continued on for this long under the same creative director. Even If the movies were PERFECT to everyone, I'd still want some new blood to eventually shake things up.

20. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2