Do you want a sequel to the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by chazparks, Jul 26, 2007.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Granted it came out in 1986 and the line has died in the late 80s/early 90s but with Classics selling well and Bayformers doing some what decent maybe a sequal to the true Transformers movie would be cool.

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I think a Classics animation one shot (CGI maybe?), if done right, could be cool, but I don't know if it would have enough mainstream appeal.

BTW, shouldn't this be in TF General? *~*

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

To the animated movie? If so, then no, I think the series ended right. If they did a CGI Classics line movie, hell yeah!

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoken like a true geewunner/Bay-hater. Almost $500 Million worldwide in about a month is now considered decent. OK.

And, no, I do not want an animated movie sequel. If I want G1, I'll watch the DVDs.

5. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

It's called G1: Season 3. And it's pretty bad. I'll take a Bayformers sequel, thank you.

6. emo_transformer

emo_transformer Well-Known Member

i want transformers movie2 and maybe a 3rd but
    i would rock if they did one in G1 but with the graphics of TF 2007!!:) :) 

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Awww it's not THAT bad...

But I did miss Prime during that season...

...and I always wanted to know where characters like Tracks, Hoist, Grapple, and such hung out. Must've been someplace good on accounta' we never saw them :lol  ;) 

8. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Damn straight!
    Season 3 was bad until near the end of the series!

9. chazparks

Uh... no it was worded more like a person who ranks the animated movie as his 3rd favorite movie of all time and is getting tired of a movie on par with ID4 in quality getting more props than the 1986 movie does and the 1986 movie being compeletly forgotten about.

Remember pre-2007, I was in the camp of let's wait until it comes out before juding it. Well it has and now we can tell the autobots hiding around the house, sector 7, Sam kicking his friend out of the car for the girl, the Transformers all looking like Halo elites, and Second to None being Bumblebee's theme instead of Starscream's was a bad thing.

Also, if Bayformers isn't the tag line of the 2007 movie series then what is it? We got G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Unicron Trilogy, ... Calling Bay's project Transformers with no tag line just dismisses the other series.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I have a great idea for a sequel to the 86 movie.

We could find out the origin of Cybertron.
    The Autobots would have been labor robots and the Decepticons would have been military robots.
    Grimlock will be one of the few characters to stick around from the first season, but he will no longer be a bad-ass; he will just be comedy relief.
    Rodimus Prime will feel pressured by being leader and will shirk his responsibility but then decide he is up to the task again.
    Then, Rodimus Prime will feel pressured by being leader and will shirk his responsibility again, but then decide he is up to the task again
    Finally, Rodimus Prime will feel pressured by being leader and will shirk his responsibility a third time, but then some Japanese dude will help him accept his "burden hardest to bear".
    But by that time it won't matter because Optimus will come back and save the world from a hate plague like in 28 Days Later.

What do you think?
    Pretty cool ideas right?

I've got the script right here.

11. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Yes but Bayformers is doing amazingly, not good.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sequel to the '86 POS, no thanks.

Sequel to the '07 Gold, yes please!

To me, TF:TM07 is the true Transformers movie.

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Sorry, but a sequel to the original animated movie would be pointless and anti-climactic, IMO, especially after all these years. We already know what happens after Unicron gets blown up. I'll take "Bayformers 2", thank you very much.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Now this thread makes a lot more sense. You didn't like the new movie, so you want a sequel to a 21 year old cartoon that was already done in season 3 of its own series. Oooookay.
    Well, you can tell. Some of us like the new movie. And judging from the box office figures, we're nowhere near alone either.

15. chazparks

16. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree to a point. I enjoyed and still do the original '86 movie. However that movie had its sequel in the form of season 3, and I am happy enough with that.

I am looking forward to the sequel to the '07 movie because it was a great update to the franchise. I am probably in the minority when I say I hope there are no combiners or dinobots in the next film. I just don't think they would work well with what has been laid as ground work for the films.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You read my mind.

18. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I think combiners could work if done PROPERLY.

Dinobots on the other hand... I'm gonna have to go ahead and say "not so much"

19. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would like to counter that with something other than I can't see in my mind how it would work (design wise), but I can't. I play the image in my mind and something just isn't right about it.

The only counter I can think of is that there would be a number of characters whose only perpose in the film is to make a monster during the end battle. Which would detract from any other characters in the film.