Do you want a "dressed" MP Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 27, 2011.

?

Do you want a proper MP Ultra Magnus

1. Yes

137 vote(s)
    91.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or 2 people that think $250 is kinda rich.

(BTW, I haven't voted as $250 is too rich for my blood and honestly, I would prefer an OP w/ trailer at $100 US since I don't have any previous MP OP.)

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm, it's a fun poll on a toy discussion board, it still doesn't really prove anything. What people say they want and what they will actually pay for are 2 different things. Yeah, people want it, but many may not actually buy it...such is life.

:lol 

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Then you should vote yes.

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Damn it, I keep forgetting to be very specific on these boards. That is what I meant. Would you buy.

But even from want, you could gauge that. And I listed prices. So people are saying they would want it at those prices. That being, if they read the post.

LOL.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another excellent point.

Anyway, if TT is smart and does pay attention, they could still take the poll as another data point, one that is (probably) positive for those that want an UM. I've got nothing against that.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I wonder what this post will look like all said and done.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    A full-on MP UM with armor that looks as close as possible to screen accuracy would be a definite buy for me (assuming it's not outrageously priced ($250 is getting pretty steep, much more than that is getting into outrageous pricing, imo)).

8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

someone with ties...if i remember correctly said department stores werent willing to put toys(action figs to be exact) on their shelf that were more than $100...it was in another thread a couple months ago..also said to go for that price there had to be some electronic gimic and then used u prime as an example.. the store in question was WM..like i said not coming from me..i could care less..if theres a $200 action fig there..if i want it im gonna buy it..

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would be all over a $100 UM. Like a rash.

10. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I'm all in for a MP Ultra Magnus...

But I would not be offended if it was a new, self-containd mold...

But my preferance would be for a trailer that turns into armor like the original.

11. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always preferred my G1 Ultra Magnus over Prime as a kid (don't hate me!) and would love a proper MP Magnus in full armour

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    there's no way in hell we'd get the trailer over here in america when takara releases it, it would be a huge flop

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    So you voted no?

Espcially when the thread specifically said a Dressed version. You know one with a trailer.

So your voting on what you think vs. what is specifically being asked.

Good one. :thumbs2: 

BTW, Movie Optimus has a trailer. And was released here in the states.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I will ONLY buy a G1 inspired Ultra Magnus if it's a singular self contained bot design, so my vote is obviously "yes". Never been on board with the whole albino Prime w/ add-on partsforming "armor" schtick, and never will be. It might have been a means to an end for the 25+ year old toy, but that's not Ultra Magnus to me. Plus I just think it's a discredit to Prime. Megatron never had his design recolored and passed off as a different character, and I don't think Prime ever should have either.

15. kaos

dude i always dug magnus over prime..primes had/has alot of followers..so i thought.. heres this more than capable leader chillen on the side and i went "hey mags is awesome as well".. and not to many people say his name first when asked whose ur fav transformer..

16. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I don't want either. What I want is a car carrier that transforms into a robot as a single unit like the Titanium release. That's how Ultra Magnus was always depicted in the cartoon and, darn it, that's how I want him depicted as a Masterpiece figure. Do I hear a second on that?

17. kaos

no..i dug the fact that mags armor went around him...even as a kid i new his cab turned into a prime just by how simular they were in the cartoon movie..it kinda always was implied in my head..that was untill i saw my first magnus at the store after the 86 movie and realise i was right..

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted "no" in the poll, but it's really more that I don't care one way or the other.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    one, i didn't vote on your poll, 2, you want to know WHY the movie prime came with a trailer? because IT IS MOVIE OPTIMUS PRIME!

there is no way we would get the ultra magnus armor over here for under $130, the market for transformers here in america and all could not support it. It just won't happen. whenever MP-10 comes over here he's already gonna be $80 probably, and hell, hasbro doesn't have to pay anything to design the toy, takaratomy has already done it by themselves, that is why they are so much cheaper in the first place. Fact of the matter is it will not happen

I want a proper MP magnus, and i'll pay to import the japanese one, because i would want the armor. They're already working on seeing if it is possible so we just got to wait, but there's no way we would get that armor in america

20. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I definitely want a proper Ultra Magnus, (white Prime with trailer armour) just as long as the finished product is big and bulky enough.