Do you want a cartoon series in the Movieverse between TF 2 and TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

It can be canon, and basically it would be about NEST with the Autobots fighting Cons around the world. Just like Star Wars: The Clone wars, in which each episode was about a Jedi with some clones fighting droids and Greivous, something similair could be done with Transformers. Each episode will involve the Bots fighting in missions. They can focus on a specific Autobot, to give him more characterisation (like Sideswipe or Jolt). A few episodes can be about Sam and BB.

Or, they can do a 2 hour animated movie like Batman: the Gotham Knight (only this will not be Anime and it will be only one story, of course).

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I want a movieverse cartoon like Clone Wars so I can buy more movieverse toys.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A cartoon version of NEST? I'd love to see that.

4. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'd only watch if Genndy Tartakovsky was directly involved, but he's doing his own giant robot show now so its unlikely.

5. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    No

6. JB1323

JB1323 Member

That actually sounds like a great idea. Especially focusing in on a specific Autobot or Decepticon in an episode would flesh out the characters, like in Clone Wars.

Nice idea, let's hope something like that comes to pass.

7. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

No doubt new comics will be released between TF2 & TF3 but a new animated series would be interesting.

8. phreakybot

phreakybot Well-Known Member

While I disagree with you on the cartoon, I am completely in love with your Sig. MSG:00 rules!

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more comics because they seem to be able to fill in some of the gaping holes left by the movie. The only comics put out that actually really sucks is the movie adaptation

A cartoon would be hard because after seeing TF2 the president has been set that almost all autobots are super badass and can kill everything. Jazz only died because he went up against the most powerful decepticon but when you put the twins up against Devastator they can pretty much whoop his ass.

Honestly TFA did the best job at keeping the 'Cons at their established place of warriors versus the 'Bots that were meant for work. The TFA 'Bots were able to survive and grow under great leadership and the support of their commander but the 'Cons warriors were only driven by hatred and power eventually fell to the greater will of the 'Bots

10. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated the idea when Animated first got canceled, but now I'd totally be down for a Clone Wars-style Movieverse cartoon.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh heck no. As easily as movie Decepticons die there wouldn't be any Decepticons left by the end of the cartoon's first season.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd much rather have Animated come back ._.

But since that's not gonna happen, I can't say I'd be completely opposed to a show following something along the lines of NEST.

13. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

When I read the title I immediately thought, "No! A cartoon based on the movieverse would be terrible!"

But if a movieverse cartoon gives the robots more characterization (with GOOD PLOTS) I'm all for it. It could help me appreciate all the characters we saw in ROTF, expand the universe to make it richer, and increase my interest in TF3.

14. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes Id love that

15. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Nope.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to see a Movie-verse cartoon.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    No. No. No. No.

A million times no.

But it'll probably happen anyway.

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i think either that or a more movie-line inspired show is the way to go ~ the hard part with doing it "in-Universe" is if they decide to contradict anything in TF3, then all of a sudden (IMHO) it becomes cheap.

Plus i think if you go 'unique-but-inspired-by" i think they could make more toyetic designs (i've used the Alternity bots as examples before ~ they're almost 1/2 way between movie designs and Classics designs aesthetically speaking; and i sure don't mean Prime and Megs as cars when i cite them :p )

you can have Bumblebee as a yellow, camaro-inspired sports car, but with a more g1ish head (i think a g1ish-but-more-detailed head with the movie battlemask would be awesome) and larger car parts on them then the movie designs go for.

Basically follow the structure of the first movie to set up the series, then go from their ~ you can have much bigger casts and be more 'kid friendly' but still keep it 'familar enough' to not be a tremendous departure from the movie like Animated was (which i think is why it ultimately didn't receive the support the rabid support the fans wanted; it was such a dramatic departure from the epicly succesful movie that is going to be what Transformers IS to this generation).

wait, what now? do you have info??? (Genndy show-running what i described would be my dream come-true, i think he is a freaking genius. from Dexter's Lab to the original Clone Wars to Samurai Jack everything he's touched is gold. I'm so glad Favrue brought him in to choreograph and direct the fight scenes for Iron Man 2, which was really the weakest part of IM1

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Nonononononono, a thousand times NO. I'm amazed that Animated ever happened, because I'm surprised that they HAVEN'T done this yet, but I don't want it. I don't want a Transformers cartoon centering on Sam and Mikaela, and a bunch of G.I. Joes. Not in the slightest.

20. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No thanks. The cartoon should be directly aimed at children while still catering to collectors (a la Animated) and the movie should stay in the theaters.