Do you tire of people using the 1980 theme for youtube videos ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Vincymon, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

Its not that I hate the 80's show. I love watching it again occasionally. However, waiting for a Rotf / TF2007 video to load, only to hear the distinctive 80's theme .. is a BIG turn-off.

Just imagine if THE DARK KNIGHT started with the 1969 Sam Raimi theme ( nana, nana, nana .. batman) ... you would never be able to take the movie seriously after hearing that. Its the same thing for me, watching the new devastator transform, to the 80's theme ..just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but does anyone else get annoyed when looking for videos of MODERN transformers ...only to here the 80's theme in the background, again ?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm gonna say it. I never liked the Sunbow 80's theme. Having grown up on Macross and Gundam prior to watching Transformers, I was all: "Why can't they have a nice, proper opening theme - one that doesn't sound like a commercial jingle?"

At least the Japanese G1 shows had real songs for their opening themes.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

What I can't stand is people using Slipknot, Metallica songs on TF videos.. lol. Not that I like Metallica or anything but that for sure does NOT GO!

But back to G1. Everyone has to have some love for the G1 Transformers. they are what started it all.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Yo, Imma let you finish but the 80's theme is one of the best themes of all time.

5. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    What I don't like is people using the G1 music or cartoon animation for presenting something BayFormers-based. Use the BayFormers theme. Whatever that is.

7. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

come on.....ya gotta give the g1 theame some slack....it was the 80s that is probly all they could think of!

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Which is a good thing in some regards as it shows what generally comes to mind when someone says 'Transformers'. Well, it used to. Now I suppose someone says 'Transformers' and the Bay lot hove into their mind. I love the 80s theme. Just don't want people thinking BayFormers has anything to do with it.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In my experience, hearing that fucking Linkin Park music in every other TF video is far more common.

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    emo + Transformers = bad combo

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I quite like Linkin Park but BayFormers can have it as their theme tune. Maybe in twenty years when there's a TF movie reboot people will be using Linkin Park music in their TF videos about the new movie version just like they're using G1 in their BayFormers ones now.

12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I would rather hear the 80s theme a thousand times if I didn't have to hear the 2007 Linking Park theme once

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well i agree the 80s theme is out of place as an intro for a Transformers 07 or ROTF. The thing is neither movie really has a song that is distinctly identifiable to anyone as a Transformers theme, so i can understand why its done and it shows how far reaching G1 truly is.

15. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Umm...what?

1969? Sam Raimi?

- Coeloptera

16. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Yep and I also hate how there's over 10 videos showing the same thing, Transformers The Movie (1986) I got bored of that one after seeing it 4 or 5 times. The 80's soundtrack is one of the most repetitive songs I've ever heard played on YouTube.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:

Its a little known fact that Sam Raimi created the Batman theme song when he was 10 years old.

I think taking issue with people using the most iconic incarnation of the TF theme song is a little crazy. People are going to use it, especially people making youtube videos, because thats the theme they remember, and the theme they think others will recognize.

And as for its "overuse", originality is not something you see all that often in any medium, let alone youtube.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, it was a commercial jingle, since the show was a commercial. ;) 

And see, the thing is with Jpop anime opening themes - they are usually very generic and have almost nothing to do with the show in question (something about justice and love). Some sort of deal with the record label to flog the band/singer, I gather.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Say what you will, the G1 theme tells you everything you need to know about the show in less than a minute. That's pretty impressive, when you think about it.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can appreciate the Japanese predilection for larger musical numbers for their opening titles, but when I first saw the Japan opening for the original cartoon (after being used to years and years of variations of the Sunbow theme, mind you):

"ding-ding-dee-ding-ding-ding Oooooooooo - ooooooooooh, Break up!" - "What the (deleted for broadcast) is this crap!?!?!" :D 

I actually like several of the Japan-TF series opening themes, but the first seemed one of the weaker ones to me, especially next to the simple strength of the US theme.