Do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformers32, Jan 12, 2009.

1. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they decide to kill optimus prime in the 2nd or 3rd movie that there will be a backlash of angry parents and crying children like in the first movie? I myself dont want to see optimus prime die it was bad enough in the first one. Whats your thoughts? I guess there would be alot of angry emails and not letters this time.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It probably wont be as bad because G1 was a big part of so many kids childhoods back then and had its own TV series as well. The movie IMO isn't as influential as G1 once was so I don't think it would be as big of deal if it were to happen.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I can't really see it this time with Prime because it's been done enough times that I don't think it would have nearly the same impact as it did the first time. If any one was up in arms over the death of Prime I'd say it would be older fans going "here we go again".

Now if it was Bumblebee that was killed I could see it maybe happening. It seems like Bumblebee was the character that appealed the most to little kids because once the movie toys hit it seemed like Bumblebee is the name you heard the most from kids. Yea I could see lots of crying kids over Bumblebee and then upset parents who have to deal with their kids favorite robot getting killed off.

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I don't want to be so stiff as to say that any main character death would necessarily be a bad idea. It all comes down to the portryal and circumstances of the demise; it just needs to be done right. The general audience may be saddened to see a loved or heroic character go down, but that capturing of such an emotional response in the general audience could make the movie all the more dire and memorable.

Regarding Optimus Prime, i personally don't think they can truly or permanently kill him off if there is to be any potential for a third movie. I think an 'uncertain fate of the hero' type ending could be intriguing for Prime.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Well, on the bright side if there's backlash against Prime's death, that might make a possible reboot happen sooner than we anticipated.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

Agreed, this pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Personaly I want Prime to die in one of the movies. Don't get me wrong, I cried too watching the 86 movie. But I think it would be the only way to end the movie series is Prime dieing in the last one. If they want to make another film after his death they can bring him back or make one that fits in between two of the movies or something.

As for the Backlash, I doubt it would be as big as the first. And if it is, Hasbro would probaly sell a repaint of Prime and in the bio it'll say Ratchet or something brought him back to life.

8. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    There wont be a reboot, probably ever...

TBH it's really only hardcore TF fans that have a problem with Bays movies... The general movie going public love them so there's no need for something to be created to please a very small minority

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They wont kill Prime they have learned Prime=$$$.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    That is true... but I think that at the moment after TF1, BB makes more money than Prime in the movie franchise.

11. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    I think you're right... Most non TF fans I talked to after seeing TF1 loved Bumblebee

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There is always a reboot.

For one it's the Transformers way. We've had how many different series over the past 25 years? I mean heck I rather enjoy Transformers Animated but I know it's not going to the sort of cartoon series we get forever.

Second Hollywood loves to do reboots. It's how they inject new life into franchises. Batman, Bond, now Star Trek. Franchises just get changed up for lots of different reasons. Plus I can't see Bay wanting to do nothing but Transformers movies for the rest of his life and I can't see another director coming in and not changing things up big time.

Change just happens with Transformers no matter what your feelings might be so all you can do is hope get what will appeal to you.

13. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    indeed, reboots are inevitable, but they're usually spaced pretty far apart. leaves fans wanting more, and gives the non-fanboy public some space so a series doesn't become stale. a franchise usually ends because there's no more story left to tell for the time and the franchise's creators don't want to ruin all that they worked for. i think we'll make it to a third film for sure in this series, possibly more if they have enough solid concepts to work with, and a huge expanded universe based around it.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    And the best thing about Transformers is the title characters are timeless. You can set it hundreds, thousands or millions of years in the future (or past if you so fancy) and Optimus Prime could still be the same Optimus Prime. To do that for humans it's either time travel or being frozen or something. Don't even need the same 'actor' for Prime as his body could be completely redesigned and someone else doing the voice.

As for the topic, time and again Transformers have died and come back, so any death is easy to undo with the right cicumstances surrounding it.

The only backlash I could foresee would be if Prime went out like a bitch like Jazz did in the last BayFormers film.

15. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

this is what i was going to say. if prime dies, before that he better be running over decepticons and jumping in the air shooting a few seekers and soundwave while "the touch" is playing though. =P

16. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should so play "the touch" in the new film that would be awsome!!!!!

17. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, there's no way there would be any kind of backlash with the kiddies of today and Movie Prime dying. Like has already been said, G1 Prime had 2 seasons for the kids to get attached before he was (wrongly) offed. Plus attitudes today are just different.

Personally I hope they stay away from the overused cliche of Prime dying, they already did the "Look! Prime will self sacrifice should he need to!" in the first one, they don't need to keep going over old ground. Plus he's awesome... I want to see him in the third one.

Oh and a reboot? No thanks. I'm enjoying this movieverse too much for that.