Do you think we will ever see Classics Combiners and LARGE figures from Has/Tak?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Now that the classics line is getting closer to completion, I started wondering, will we ever see Classic combiners or Large (Fort Max) figures from Has/Tak?

My gut tells me no because of the cost factor and the current state of the economy. I was wondering, how did the Energon figures sell? Let's take newer Omega Supreme for instance. How did he do?

It would be interesting to see if Has/Tak would be willing to go down that road. If they do, I figure doing this right after the movie would be the best bet. If they lose any money on the large figures or combiners, the movie line can make up for that loss.

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think the problem with combiners is how they are sold, store and apprently kid/pairent don't like toys which the main gimmick of is you have to go and buy another 4 toys which might not be in that wave of tf's, at least that's how its always explained to me. Personally I think if they didn't market them as teams just bring up the mix and match option like they did with the PCC they wouldn't have such a problem.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I really hope we do see some bigger toys in the future, especially a return of the Ultra Price Class.

As far as Combiners, I'm pretty sure I remember Hasbro saying releasing them Scramble City or Energon Combiner style isn't cost effective for them, but I don't remember details. I'd be all for a new Combiner Price point to get Classics Styled Combiners in a box set.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If large figures are selling, sure.

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I hope if Hasbro bring back lager tf they use better character to base them off, the last 3 ultra’s were awful at this, no way silverbolt onslaught or powerglide should tower over prime and megatron, if they had used say galvatron, thunderwing, sixshot, maybe skylynx at the ultra class I could see them working, Omega at the leader scale and fort max at the ultimate price point with metroplex and the other citybots somewhere between the two.

6. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

My guess is we won't see them....

To be done right we'd need 5 to 6 deluxe and/or voyager scale figures to make up the team. While I think they would sell fine individually, the problem with marketing them that way is the manner in which cases are put together now. Some figures always end up being short packed. In that case there would be a problem in that there are not an even number of sets out there, leaving some folks screwed out of the entire team.

Don't get me wrong....I'd LOVE to see it...and I'd buy them up...I just don't see it happening.

...hence the reason the third party Not-Devastator is going to sell like crazy.

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I could be wrong here but wasn't the Makers more concerned about the "Drop Tests" that were conducted on this class of figures?

I think that's the reason why we would never see another figure as huge as Fortress Maximus. :( 

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cost of producing a figure would mean that very few of them would be made or sold at mass retail. It might do well as a limited collector's edition available online or something.

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, Takara has shown that they are willing to release big items (unicron) in limited release. Maybe they will do something. Keeping the fingers crossed.

10. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

probably not.

11. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do you keep saying the classics line is closer to completion? they have enough characters to keep it going for another ten years.

12. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Man this would be great. I would to see a WFC Trypticon ans omaga.\!

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm starting to not care.

14. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's been a few years since the last release stateside, but I'm wondering if we'll see a Hasbro release of the 2010 Unicron mold anytime within the next year or two.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Meh, I'm liking smaller figures more and more. You get to display more in less space and somehow they end up being more articulated and overall cool. My only excuse to get leaders or voyagers lately is if they're exceedingly cool to justify it (leader Prime and Starscream for example, and possibly upcoming Sentinel P.)

If they kept to making deluxes I wouldn't care as they are the best size class. As for combiners, it's a waste of effort and investment to sell them in a pack, and Hasbro doesn't want to sell them separate, it would seem. Maybe if they create a new universal combining gimmick (that doesn't suck a la energon) with characters that can serve as either torsos or specific limbs only, without detracting from the individual figure, that would be nice. Not a big deal if they don't, however.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron and Primus were pre-existing molds, so that's not really indicative of anything.

17. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's probably not going to happen any time soon, if at all. We would all love to see it, but there are many things holding it back whether it be the economy, or production costs, etc. Someone mentioned making it a limited collecters edition release.....the only problem with that is that we will have tons of people complaining about who couldn't get it, and "why couldn't they make more", etc (some of you guys are never satisfied, lol).

I am not holding my breath, but I believe it will happen one day. Hasbro has surprised me with the number of recent "Classics" style releases. This was clearly in response to the fans and shows that they are listening to us.

I think a lot of the problem is also product development. Let's face it, a lot of thought and work is going into TFClubs Not-Devy and we don't even know the quality yet. Hasbro could release a large combiner, but each individual figure would have to be a really good "stand alone" for it to sell separately and for them to make enough profit to make it worth their while, they have to sell a ton of them (major issue in this market), hence make a ton of them, or make them super expensive (or lesser expensive and poorer quality....need I say ROTF supreme Devy).

I think that in several years when the economy picks up and if TFs are still as popular as they are today, there is a chance we will see some cool large or combiner figures :D 

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Corners will be cut.

Teeth will be gnashed.

3rd party is your only answer.

19. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Can we please just make a stickied topic for CHUG combiner speculation? It's getting annoying having three threads on it every month.

20. sh002

sh002 Banned

probably not. larger stuff from hasbro seem to be only released for other lines like star wars, marvel universe, and gi joe.