Do you think we could ever get a War Within type story for the Animated verse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love to see how the Cons came to be and what makes them different for Autobots. I'd love to see who was in charge before Magnus and how Megs rose to power. Think we could have a good chance of maybe getting a comic or episode like that?

2. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

A comic, sure, in some years, but we see Ratchet memories of Oild Slick in one.

In the cartoon... only in Flashbacks I bet.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the odds are quite good. I'd jump at the chance to see the origins of the Cybertronian Civil War, even more so if the conflict were presented as being far more complex than a battle of good versus evil. Making the Decepticons start off as the opressed side would be a marvelous touch.

4. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

We should get one, and I think if we get one that it would be very thought out/along with being complex.

5. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Does anyone know if the rodimus/strika teams are sent in the presant?
    Maybe these two teams are from eons ago and we only see them in flashback stories that could relate to whats happening now with prime magnus and megatron??
    just a thought

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide's supposedly on Rodimus' team. That, I think, would rule out 'from eons ago' approach.

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    glorious! Glorious!!

8. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i highly doubt that we will for a few reasons

A) its allready been done
    B) wars like what you described are never shown on cartoons aimed at this demographic
    C) i dont think it would add to the story, so why even bother?

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think if they show the origins of the war it'd probably be more like the flashback/time traveling epsiodes of G1.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course we'll see it, it's been done before, not to mention a mature show like TFA needs it.

Also it would alot to the story.

11. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I can imagine alot of back storys will be cleared up, like why prime flunked out of the academy, why prowl didnt finnish his ninja training - did he know jazz or oil slick when he was training, also what would his alt mode of been? also would like to see magnus in him prime

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I really want to see how Decepticons came to be.

13. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I would like to see that as a two-part episode, which is nothing but flashbacks from Megatron and Magnus. No Bumblebee, No Bulkhead, No Sari.

Starting out with Sentinel asking some dumbass question about "How did this whole war come to be?"

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Magnus' Cybertron alt mode be a homage to his g1 Cyebrtron ALT MODE.

15. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    I'd say Animated has at least as good a chance as any other Transformers series of seeing a story of that kind being produced; a higher chance than most, I'd say. It's never been the nature of Transformers fiction to start "at the beginning", so to speak; whatever the incarnation of the story, we're always thrown in somewhere in the middle of the overall saga of the Cybertronians' war (usually at the point when said war happens to spill over to Earth), so that means that we're usually introduced to characters and scenarios who are already partly or fully formed, leaving plenty of implied history/mythology to be explored by supplementary fiction.

Even so, Animated is particularly backstory intensive, even by TF standards; unlike G1, say, whose backstory was initially fairly vague before being retroactively fleshed out, the personalities and situations of Animated have since the beginning been clearly based upon quite a lengthy, in-depth and very specific implied history, which is being slowly but regularly revealed to us via flashbacks and oblique dialogue references. What's particularly nice in this case is the fact that this unspoken lore encompasses both large-scale historical events, such as the rise and fall of the Decepticons and the fate of the Allspark, and smaller, personal backstories, such as Optimus's fall from grace or Ratchet's traumatic service career. Not only is there a wealth of material there, then, but it's all connected intrinsically to the "current" continuity, meaning that anything we do discover always feels relevant; I guess that's why, even after only two seasons and four comic books, we've already seen and heard so much about it, and it's also why I'm fully expecting to see more in the coming episodes and comic issues. Will we get a full-on War Within chronicle of the whole history? I don't necessarily know that, but the way the Animated universe has been set up, it's certainly robust enough to be able to accomodate and thrive on something like that...

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

A War Within esque story would be so awesome in Animated. Especialy if they explain why "Magnus" is the rank of the Autobot Supreme leader and Prime is a lesser rank. Oh yeah, bonus points if Megs sverely trashes any go-bot look alikes, namely Cy-Kill.

17. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I love Animated and War Within is Fantastic so having an Animated War Within Line would be AWESOME!!

18. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I just hope that they can get as much info into season 3 as possible, and not to deviate too far away from the story arks raised in season 1 and 2 by way of having the rodimus/strika teams complicate things or add new threads (i hope they serve a story perpose) and i have got this feeling that alot of back info will be unresolved when the series gets cancelled, its gunna happen no avoiding it, i got this feeling that it will happen some where round season 4

19. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    i would love to see a back story of the war within animated.... but i dont think it will involve rodimus and strika's teams. I could see them doing a flashback episode of the war involving Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Jazz, Omega Supreme, plus a few others taking on Megatron.

20. Aluinashryu

Aluinashryu Decepticon

This. Since we've already seen jerkass tendencies in the autobots (some of them...) it wouldn't be too hard to believe.