do you think they will have some sort of NEST in the PRIME show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by tfprime32, Apr 23, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    do you think they will have some sort of NEST in the PRIME show?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...they already kind of do.

3. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    NEST = annoying humans who can take down Transformers = MECH. therefore YES and it's laaaaame

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well the kids and Fowler were able to help the Autobots in more ways then one so the team would be okay without them. However if later on they get like a commando group similer to that of Lennox'x team with a character like him leading then I'll certainly be for it! :thumb 

5. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i mean ARMY that help the autobots!

6. Bountyan

News Credits:
    I repeat, they already have that. Who do you think Fowler and his troops are?

7. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

This.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    They have Fowler, they don't need anyone else.

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that would be kind of nice.

Also, I think human nations would rather take part in such cooperatives rather than leave it totally to the autobots. It speaks badly of a nation to leave it to a foreign power to fight for it, because it makes the nation seem weak and defenseless. By doing so, it would be like saying that the respective governments cannot take care of its own people.

Also, humans have a very big stake in the battle between Autobots and Decepticons, because the Decepticons are after the earth. They're after the very homes of people. Without the earth, the human race would die. I think it's just right for humans to want to fight back because the Decepticons are threatening them.

Also humans cannot rely on the autobots forever. Doing so would prevent humans from growing and becoming strong without them. I don't think the autobots can protect humans all the time. What if they're unavailable, off world or dead? What if the autobots need to return to their home planet? If and when those scenarios happen and humans haven't grown strong, they will be annihilated or hurt pretty badly.

I think it's pretty logical for any nation that cares for its people to make alternative countermeasures to the appearance of the Decepticons.

As to whether autobots will lose their significance, I don't see such a thing as happening. Humans and Cybertronians can continue to learn from each other and bounce ideas between each other. They can evolve and grow together.

And as much as people may dislike Darkside of the Moon, I think the relationship between the autobots and Nest was done pretty well. Humans and autobots can be part of one team. They don't have to oppose each other.

Anyway, if Nest does appear, I think it's first member should be Jack Darby.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    That man can kill a Vehicon with his bare hands and some star-spangled shorts.

11. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I would think you'd love MECH - after all, they're the ones that have set up the situation that you swore would help lead to STARCEE.

12. megapork

megapork Cheese

As much as I want more annoying meatbags to crowd the base, Having a human mercenary force help the autobots eliminate decepticons and other threats kinda defeats the point of the autobots being there. The autobots are there to eliminate the threats that normal meatbag military cannot deal with. And yes the kids have been helpful from time to time but most of the time, notably with miko, The autobots are saving their asses. Anyway we have seen that the weapons that the military is equipped is useless against the armor of the cons.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nah, we don't need another four letter acronym word human organisation. M.E.C.H., N.E.S.T., T.R.E.E., P.O.O.P. One is enough.
    Even Chuck Norris bows to the awesome might of Fowler.

14. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I think the kids would become founders/members of N.E.S.T, after growing. It could be showed after the credits of last episode. That could give a purpose to all the time the autobots spent with them, learning and teaching.
    I actually see Jack as Fowler┬┤ sucessor.

15. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why we need NEST? We have Fowler, who can fly his jet without flight suit- wait, it's because Ratchet upgraded the jet! Excuse me :p 

16. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

Thank you, for stating what has been wrong about the military's lack of involvement since the shows beginning(it seems that only American govt knows about the bots and cons, strange huh), and the fact that after all this time the world still doesn't know about the cybertronian war on earth, and is ignorant about the great danger that is "disguised" around them doesn't help. This comes up alot in superhero stories--are the Autobots preventing mankind from solving there own problems, Optimus and Fowler want to keep the status quo and have the bots(despite limited numbers and resources) take it all onto themselves, but is that a good thing in the long run? This actually reminds me of Young Justice season finale "Auld Acquaintance" where Vandal Savage explains "The Light" group true purpose, to help humanity evolve. Now I know some are ready to brush off what he said because they see him as just a crazy supervillain, but he actually made some good points. He called the superheroes the "Champions of Stagnation" he felt that humanity has become too dependent on superheroes, and cant take care of themselves anymore. If something was too happen to already small numbers of Autobots on earth what would Earth do?

Vandal Savage-Survival of the Fittest

Young Justice Auld Acquaintance part 3 - YouTube

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm gonna stop you right there. He can make all the fascinating points he likes; hell maybe he does have a good and valid one somewhere beneath that sociopathy. However, the fact remains, he's Vandal Savage and he wants to conquor the world and rule it with an iron fist....so yeah, not an arguement I'd take.

18. Bountyan

News Credits:
    T.R.E.E. would be the most awesome group ever for taking out Transformers.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Terrestrial Rooted Energon Exterminators

The insignia is a branch cleaving a symbol where one hal is an Autobot sigil and the other a Decepticon.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That was my thinking. :p  Trees certainly seem to be effective in TFP.

And P.O.O.P. would be a human group against the Autobots: People Overthrowing Optimus Prime.