Do you think there will be a Jurassic Park 4?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ErbFan28, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I've been reading about this being in the works. Do you think there will be a fourth one? It is one of my favorite franchises in the movie universe and I hope there will be a 4th one soon.

2. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suspect a remake, or reboot is more likely given Crichton's death.

3. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

With my (bad) luck, it'll be re-booted into something completed off the wall...

Crazy Idea #1: it'll have cybernetic Dinos with frikin' laser beams attached to their heads....

Crazy Idea #2: the scientists will genetically alter them to have better and larger arms, then the dinos will grab a bunch of guns and run amuck in the compound, then escape into the city and the humans will flee in terror, kinda like one of the old Planet of the Apes movies, crossed with Deep Blue Sea. Dinos will shoot us in the legs, then come up to eat us. With some crazy movie caption: "New age, old prey, new hunt"

Yes, I'm crazy and a pessimist.

4. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    actually the gun-toting dinosaurs was a rumor for a while.... and would have totally sucked.

5. Metroplex79

Really? For real?

You mean my crappy half-assed 30-second response imagination is the same as people in Hollywood?

:jawdropper: 

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Nah, that rumor has been floating around for about 10 years now, you probably read it and forgot it.

Anyway, as Dino Riders show me guns and Dinosaurs is fucking sweet.

7. Metroplex79

Maybe. It could also have been Dino Riders, the Dr Evil bit about sharks with lasers on their heads, the panel in Marvel G2 TF where Grimlock in dino mode had a gun all mixed in.

:confused: 

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I certainly wouldn't mind a part 4. For all the complaints about JP3, it's my favorite. Short, action-packed, and to the point.

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The only problem with the Jurassic Park films is that more revelations are made about dinosaurs every year, like T-Rex possibly being a scavenger and not the badass "Tyrant Lizard King" we all want him it be and some Raptors having feathers. I would almost like to see a reboot, since so much has changed crypto-zoologically since the original film.

10. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

make it like dino crisis :D 

11. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Remember the video game Jurassic Park 2: the Chaos Continues? I'd want it kind of like that, but not exactly.

Like the DEA is investigating a drug czar who's been using Isla Nublar as his base of operations since it has geothermal power and has since gone silent. But the guys sent in aren't given the whole story about where they're going and show up to find the bad guys massacred by Raptors and encounter Rexy and other dinos. Then they have to survive long enough to get to the extraction point on Mount Hammond. Take a stroll around Isla Nublar and see how twenty years of neglect have taken their toll, then end it with Chrichton's original ending in Jurassic: blow up the island.

Basically, I want Predator with dinosaurs. :thumb 

12. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It Got Cancelled Awhile Back
    IGN: Jurassic Park Closed
    Or Atleast Put In A LONG Hiatus With Passing Of Michael Crichton.:( 

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know where they could take the franchise with a fourth film, but I would go and see it.

14. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It Would Be Cool If They Re-Released The JP Trilogy In Theaters, Especially In 3D!

15. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fuck yes i want nother one, but only if they can make it as big and worth seeing like the first or second one. Third one was ok.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a fourth, but it's been a long time since the third, so I'm not sure the market/demand is there anymore. A reboot of the franchise might be better, at this point.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Eh, I think by now making a fourth Jurassic Park movie would be pointless. I can't imagine many people are amazed by CGI dinosaurs any more; and the franchise as it is would have to be taken in a direction so radical as to risk being totally ludicrous.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the fourth one finally get made. It's sadly not very likely, but one can dream. Would be nice to have a reason to temporarily go back into the Dinosaur phase I was in as a child :D 

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Transformers versus Jurassic Park...ultimate win!

20. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

JP4. I'd completely forgotten this was in development hell.
    I think Spielberg's Dreamworks are a bit busy with giant robots at the moment!

I'd like to see dinosaurs encroaching back into the modern world. Popping up across the globe, re-evolving due to their reintroduction into the natural equilibrium.
    There could be an international agency that deals with outbreaks or sightings and takes these animals either to one of the islands or to a kind of reserve.
    Nothing like the weak 'Dinotopia', but dinosaurs almost as common as other endangered wild animals. Compys running around like flocks of seagulls (while people ran so far away - sorry 80s joke).
    Then, it becomes apparent that they are spreading and their numbers are increasing. Maybe they find that some hippie organisation has been liberating the reptiles or embryos and cultivating them for release? No. Lets stick to the "encroaching back into the modern world, re-evolving due to their reintroduction into the natural equilibrium" idea.
    Still, in any event its an excuse to get Utah-raptors into the city streets!

...either that or I have been playing too much of 'Dino Crisis 2' on the old PSOne box? :sly2: