Do you think the way Sam and Mikaela got together in TF1 would work in real life ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Apr 12, 2010.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I would too if it were an invasion of fem-bots.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Sam isn't rich, at least, I don't think so.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    gosh, i liked the whole "50 years from now" bit. thought it was kinda thought provoking

4. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Yeah, turning down first contact with alien life is the kind of thing you'd regret your whole life. I think what helped him get Mikaela was when he gave her the ride home. He treated her like a person where her old boyfriend treated her like an object.

5. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

and he also said something about more than meets the eye

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

They may not be rich, but they're definitely Upper-middle class and very well off.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    See, I don't think it was meant as a pickup line. The way I read it, it sounded more like, "Fifty years from now, don't you wanna say you had a sense of adventure/went on an adventure." If he was saying something about him and 50 years from now, maybe I would see it as a pickup line.

As far as everyone questioning whether Sam and Mikaela would of ever got together, judging by looks. Believe me, people don't always go for looks. Plus, people make it sound like Shia is the ugliest person on the planet going out with the hottest. Believe it or not everyone, people can fall in love despite all looks...

Now, to the topic on hand. It is hard to say. Mikaelas character seemed to have a little bit of a side that would make her curious to what was going on. Granted, a good portion of people would probably run away. But some people have that sense of adventure, going into the unknown, maybe getting involved in a huge alien war...who knows. If it ever happens, we will know.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Ok, judging by some of the comments in here, some of you guys don't get women (And I'm not pointing at you two in particular, just what you pointed out).

It's not what Sam said. It's how he said it. He was confident and reassured when he said it to her. Women like confidence. Also, he was (as stated before) nice to her and treated her like a person.

I have used RIDICULOUS lines on women ( IE my current gf, when we meant I asked her excuse me, would you make out with a complete stranger? Of course she said no, to which I responded, well let me introduce myself) and had it work. Not always, but it does work. But I'm always confident when I say things.

Secondly, women are not into physical looks AS MUCH as men. IE, a really atttractive women may be attracted to a dude that's face IS TRASHED because he has some other manly qualities.

To end the arguement plain and simple, I present exhibit B: [​IMG]

And I rest my case. Someone bang the gavel please.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Someones been kissed by a rose.

10. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

No, because cars don't really destroy dealerships, thus allowing a living car to drive a guy around to pick up girls, in addition to teaming up with Giant Robots. :D 

11. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more!